Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fry The Brain

Default Fry The Brain

I just finished this book on Sniper/Guerilla warfare. This is an awesome book on how this type of fighting has been done through out history. It goes into great detail about the techniques and tactics used in several conflicts. The details get pretty deep and I had to put it down a couple of times. I highly recommend it, you never know what skills you might need in the future.

Buy it here

http://www.onesourcetactical.com/snipertopics.aspx
    Scott Vandiver
    NRA Training Counselor
    Private Security Instructor
    Www.centerfiretraining.com

The book is good stuff.

An additional thread here too:
    http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...rrilla-Warfare

I wondered why there was not a review here in the book section.
    Scott Vandiver
    NRA Training Counselor
    Private Security Instructor
    Www.centerfiretraining.com

My mother-in-law gave me a gift card to Barnes and Noble for Christmas and I bought Ian McDevitt's Tactical Medicine book and Fry the Brain with it. Am going to start reading Fry the Brain later today. Looking forward to it!
    See, I have refined you, though not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction. For My own sake, for My own sake I do this. How can I let Myself be defamed? I will not yield My glory to another!

Wife got if for me from OST for Xmas. I'll have to read it twice to absorb all of the info this book has to offer.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing." Darth Vader

IDPS, DOK, TMCO, FVGF, CPM, CRM, SCPIS, TASI

TWOTU Since May 2015

I'm about 1/3 through this book now. Seems to be pretty good.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

I'll be contrary. The chapter on Kennedy was pure fantasy. He wants us to believe that 8 separate sniper teams, plus security, plus C2 were placed in the Plaza? That they fired 17 rounds and scurried away unnoted, except for the designated patsy? When I see foolishness like this, it goes straight to the author's credibility and makes me very suspicious of anything else he wants me to believe.

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
    I'll be contrary. The chapter on Kennedy was pure fantasy. He wants us to believe that 8 separate sniper teams, plus security, plus C2 were placed in the Plaza? That they fired 17 rounds and scurried away unnoted, except for the designated patsy? When I see foolishness like this, it goes straight to the author's credibility and makes me very suspicious of anything else he wants me to believe.
    Sam, can't say I disagree with your comment. 8 teams, security, C2.... too many people would know, and loose lips do, in fact, sink ships. Fairy tale chapter for sure. However, I do think there is some good info to be gleaned from the history of the guerilla sniper, IRA, etc.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing." Darth Vader

IDPS, DOK, TMCO, FVGF, CPM, CRM, SCPIS, TASI

TWOTU Since May 2015

There probably is good information elsewhere. Being suspicious doesn't mean I dismiss what he says; it just means that I take it as a guide subject to verification and not as an authoritative work.

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

A good book, overall.

The chapters on Whitman's rampage in Texas and Sean MacStiofian's pioneering of PIRA's urban guerrilla campaign are fascinating to mull over. The counter-sniper technology section near the end has some great insights as to what's coming down the line.
    "When you end up having to force people to behave as if they agreed with you, it's almost certainly because what you're peddling is horsesh*t." - L. Neil Smith