SI 2014 Training
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What sub-machine gun?

Well my lawyer called today, sounds like he FINELY finished my trust, just need to sign a few things and pay the man.
    Without going in to a super long explanation of my overall goals....
    I have had a Serbu AOW on my mind and some suppressors checked out. Last but not least, I really want a SMG. In the state of MI I can't own an SBR or SBS but for some reason if I buy a Machine Gun with a short barrel it's ok. I don't know why nor do I really care but I will use it to my full advantage.

I've been thinking about an UZI, for the prices I can get one at I don't feel like I'm breaking the bank as opposed to a $12,000.00 to $20,000.00 MG AR/AK. It would most likely get more use just due to the cost of ammo.
    Alas, I know very little about MGs and would really like some folks opinions on the Micro-UZI, the MAC series, and the full size UZIs.

Mini Uzi or mp5.

Full size uzi would be cool to.

Ditto on the full size, unless you intend to carry for long periods.

I would o with a UMP .45 with a registered auto sear or a MP5 in .40 cal or 10mm
    "Give your souls to your
    god and load your guns,
    It's time to deal in lead.
    We are the legions of the damned
    The army of the already dead"
    Dco 3/172 IN (MTN)

I've got several different MP5's. You can't go wrong with them. I have both a mini and micro Uzi. Mini is closed bolt and one of my preferred weapons. The micro is a handful. Make sure you buy one with the folding stock. You'd probably end up getting a suppressor for it so you can have something to hang onto. I've got quite a few others, but those are my top choices in subguns.
    We don't always get what we want..........

But in the end, we get what we deserve.........

Gabe,Yoni etal. on the Uzi here:
    http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...Uzi&highlight=
    Allen
    GFT.

Try to replace hardware with technique. Technique is free, lightweight, and cannot be lost.
    RGF- Greg Nichols-Milton, WI- July '13

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    Mini Uzi or mp5.
    Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    Full size uzi would be cool to.
    Size comparison by chance? I've held plenty of full sizee Uzi's but no Micro/mini's.

Mini Uzi as long as it is closed bolt is my favorite.

MP5K, is also good to go in my book, the bigger MP5's don't make a lot of sense to me just get a Colt Commando.

Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Mini Uzi as long as it is closed bolt is my favorite.

MP5K, is also good to go in my book, the bigger MP5's don't make a lot of sense to me just get a Colt Commando.
    Yoni, I've followed a lot of your posts on Uzi's and appreciate all the info. MP5 prices have shot through the roof and not being an LEO I will have to go with a pre-ban. Can you go into the advantages of the closed bolt Vs. open bolt on the mini's? Are "mini's" and "micro's" the same thing?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast