Easter Specials 2014

Default SVDK (9.3x64mm Brenneke )

300px-Svdk.jpg

SVDK (Russian : СВДК) is a Russian sniper rifle from the Dragunov sniper rifle family chambered for the 9.3x64mm Brenneke cartridge. The Dragunov SVDK large caliber sniper rifle (any rifle caliber above 9 mm is considered a large caliber in Russia) is a somewhat controversial weapon, recently adopted by Russian army.

It was developed through "Vzlomshik" (Breaker) research and development program, along with 7.62 mm SV-98 sniper and 12.7 mm ASVK anti-materiel rifles. The purpose of SVDK is to deal with targets which are too hard for standard 7.62x54R sniper rifles like SV-98 or SVD, such as assault troops in heavy body armor or enemy snipers behind cover.

There also were rumors that SVDK will serve as a long-range anti-personnel weapon. The effective range of SVDK is cited as 'about 600 meters'
    Gabe Suarez

Warrior Talk Blog
    Tactical Gear For The Civilian Fighter
    Training For The Martial Civilian

"The Best Way To Predict The Future Is To Create It"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-YjVirL19U

Interesting concept I had an idea for a rifle like this awhile back take a 375H&H and load it with solids figured it would be good for punching through cover or stopping a vehicle.
    Last edited by C.J. Singleton; 02-09-2012 at 03:29 PM.
    The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention that has been praised and denounced... Served Hero and villain alike... and carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history.

KRG 9/11/11, PSGS 3/23/12, CPM 8/11/12, ACPM 8/18/12, M4 Sniper Week 2/20/13, TMCO 4/27/13, ATM 10/26/13

That round was very popular as a "medium bore" in Africa and with proper bullets it was used by some to take Cape Buffalo. I bet that penetration with Barnes solids would be insane!
    "IN ORBE TERRUM NON VISI"

"LUCK FAVORS THE PREPARED"

"So I have to take my beret from my head, and put it in my heart. I'm not going to put it back on until the enemy has them by the throat. Not until I'm fighting for the Constitution of the United States of America."

To Train with John Chambers: CLICK HERE!

SGF-1: SHOTGUN GUNFIGHTING
    June 14-15, 2014

RGF-3: ADVANCED RIFLE GUNFIGHTING
    September 13-14, 2014

CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    November 8-9, 2014