SI 2014 Training

Default Are Troy Micro BUIS possible for a TSD AK-47?

If one has a TSD Ak-47 with TWS rear rail and front rail, plus the M4 stock with cheek riser, could the Troy Micro BUIS work in a tandem setup? You remove original AK front sight of course. I would think using the cheek riser stock it would be fine, but has anyone dabbled in this?
    "Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men. "
    Miyamoto Musashi

i had the same idea about a month ago , but i put a rail on my krebs fs/gb instead of the ultimak(which looks cheesy to be honest) people have done it before and swapped back to original they just couldn deal with the aesthetics of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

TWS Rail with BUIS web.jpgOne of the forum members did it, I'm posting his build.

The front and rear sight just have to be the same height.
    "May your foes be strong enough to keep you sharp"
    - Mass Effect

"Well maybe you just need to get a little tougher"
    -Gabe Suarez discussing the AK in the Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting DVD

Quote Originally Posted by Awake View Post
    TWS Rail with BUIS web.jpgOne of the forum members did it, I'm posting his build.
    I think we've all saved this pic as a future build idea...
    Last edited by strengverboten; 04-22-2012 at 09:34 AM.
    CPM,CRG

Or computer background, as it is the sexiest AK ever posted on the internet.

ridiculous , mines a little sexier his has a much better finish though, i WANT his style handguard though for a similarly styled 106cr rebuild im doin except mine has a short stg58 FH on it.

looks nice for some aftermarket stuff put on it , i wouldn call it custom though , could have my wife make a saiga look like that in a afternoon. look at my pic and look at his pic and you'll see the difference

tantalshooter, what exactly is the set up you have on that ak you posted? what did you do to the front sight gas block to get that BUIS on there?