Kalashnikov Training in 2015
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yeah I got two RJ cans. They suck. After waiting nearly two years for my cans, yes two years for red jacket to build and ship, and the atf to approve, I have to start all over again.

Sigh.

Billy

PS Will sucks.
    Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and thermonuclear weapons.

SG
    CRG
    KRG
    LGPSP
    0-5
    LLG
    VG
    TMCO
    AKRG

Quote Originally Posted by OneHugeTurkey View Post
    Alrighty, RJF out. My next choice would be YHM. I hear their cans are surprisingly durable, if not heavy. But heavy is no biggie.
    Heavy IS a biggie. It effects your point of impact, and throws off the ballance of the rifle. Believe me, Once you have a heavy can, and then use one of the light titanium suppressors you will never go back.

I'd say weight is one of the key things I look at with most combat related gear.

In my mind, if you are going to pay the gub'mint $200 and wait 4-6 months, the difference in price of 20-30% from a cheap, heavy suppressor to a light, titanium version is negligible.

I interviewed a lot of suppressor manufacturers at SHOT and heard a lot of horror stories about heavy, steel suppressors throwing off POA and POI dramatically. God forbid that you plan to sight in a rifle, shoot it, and then put on the suppressor for some quiet shots and hit a whole different target.

As with all things in life, you get what you pay for.

Another point I learned here: if you plan to run and gun and engage multiple targets, heavy suppressors slow that process down a lot, and in a self-defense or hunting or even competitive scenario, this is unacceptable.

I shot Gabe's personal Abraxas on his TSD Glock, the 3.3 oz were almost indiscernible and it was crazy quiet with subsonic 9mm.

What about Degroat are they a good company?

http://www.jamesdegroat.com/suppressors.htm

They offer a small Ti suppressor.
    The whole point of being governed by a Constitution and not by men or directly by the people themselves was to stop incredible stupidity from annihilating our Freedoms. Tyranny of the majority is just as dangerous as any dictator. Especially when the majority is incredibly ******* stupid.

Intro to Defensive Pistol
    Close Range Gunfighting

What I would say is this....with large companies like Advanced Armament (AAC) selling suppressors to the public, why would anyone want to bother with JoeSchmoe cans unless they offered a tangible and lasting benefit.

The site you just put up doesn't even give you prices unless you email. Compare that with this site - http://www.advanced-armament.com/product.aspx?pid=199

I am not going to buy anything brand-x again when it comes to class 3 items. Sorry....the perceived savings of $100 when you comp[are the two is kinda silly don't you think?

Contact AAC and tell them Gabe Suarez sent you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez View Post
    What I would say is this....with large companies like Advanced Armament (AAC) selling suppressors to the public, why would anyone want to bother with JoeSchmoe cans unless they offered a tangible and lasting benefit. I am trying to determine if DeGroat is a JoeSchome of a company or and AAC as class 3 company tend to be small companies

The site you just put up doesn't even give you prices unless you email. Compare that with this site - http://www.advanced-armament.com/product.aspx?pid=199

I am not going to buy anything brand-x again when it comes to class 3 items. Sorry....the perceived savings of $100 when you comp[are the two is kinda silly don't you think?

Contact AAC and tell them Gabe Suarez sent you.
    Not trying to start a pissing contest I am not looking to save a few dollars over AAC but rather like the all Ti and user serviceable aspect
    The whole point of being governed by a Constitution and not by men or directly by the people themselves was to stop incredible stupidity from annihilating our Freedoms. Tyranny of the majority is just as dangerous as any dictator. Especially when the majority is incredibly ******* stupid.

Intro to Defensive Pistol
    Close Range Gunfighting

Well...no pissing here but the whole point of the thread is we all thought...me included that whats-his-face's can was going to be a great item. What do you know about this other guy? What does he offer that AAC, or Gemtech, or AWC, or even Yankee Hill does not...other than being an unknown with a can store?

If one of your big name cans has a problem...like my AWC did, you call and a professional receptionist takes your call and then transfers you to the proper guy. My can went out that day and was returned in a week no questions asked. That is quality equal to TSD.

You buy from Billy Bob's Canworks and his 10 year old kid will answer the phone while he plays mario Brothers cuz pappy is off mowing the lawn or something. Not saying that will be the case with the guy you mentioned, but I simply am not willing to take chances with this stuff anymore.

Cans are cool. No doubt.
    The cans I have and the ones I have seen others use have not proved to be 100% reliable.
    Surely there are some out there that are, but many of them cause malfunctions.
    Paul

Seek first the Kingdom of God

Gabe stimulated my brainy things with his comments about using a top tier company versus a smaller one. New thread here >>> http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...17#post1313117