SI 2014 Training
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jdhaines View Post
    Mike, (swisher or irish)

Is this the new format for the training groups? I try to remember to check into the Indiana group page once every month or so but it's been dead since our last meet-up. Are the new "training groups" just going to be like cheap mini-classes? Will there be both styles happening concurrently? I've got the t-shirt that says I'm one of the cool kids.

EDIT: Just found the stickies and a couple other threads. So there really isn't two styles it seems. An SI instructor needs to be around (which happened the first time). I didn't realize only SI alums could attend. Making more sense now. The first meeting was sort of a meet, greet, and shoot where this one will be a little more productive. I've got it on my calendar. I'll let you guys know if something comes up.
    Josh, it sounds like you have it figured out. What we did in Indiana last time was before we made the official training groups, it was just a bunch of WT's getting together for some light training and fellowship. This is an actual session. Call it guided practice. When at the range with Lisa last weekend, I worked out a mini cirriculum that should be a learning experience, as well as a lot of fun.
    aka cedartop

The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God and I will praise him, my father's God and I will exalt him. The LORD is a warrior; the LORD is his name.

Exodus 15: 2-3

Sounds good, thanks Mike. I'm currently down to 2 mags of AK ammo. I just finished my AR and got the things I need to reload for it. I'm sorting out a few loads now. Hopefully by then I'll have it zeroed and a load worked out. Best case I'll have some AK ammo as well and I can bring them both. Will I have to wear a dunce cap if I only have an AR for the meet-up? I'd hate to have everyone point laugh and stare. You know how IrishMike can get...
    External safeties have no business on a defensive handgun.

Mike

I'll be there. Thanks for keeping the training coming to Michigan!
    "Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men. "
    Miyamoto Musashi

Sounds good, thanks Mike. I'm currently down to 2 mags of AK ammo. I just finished my AR and got the things I need to reload for it. I'm sorting out a few loads now. Hopefully by then I'll have it zeroed and a load worked out. Best case I'll have some AK ammo as well and I can bring them both. Will I have to wear a dunce cap if I only have an AR for the meet-up? I'd hate to have everyone point laugh and stare. You know how IrishMike can get...
    I totally reserve the right to point and laugh at you and you're AR. I'd have to be crazy to laugh too hard though, I remember you swinging the BIG kettle bell in your demo! I'm pretty stoked about they're being a mini-curriculum, I was worried this would be more bull session, with less emphasis on training like our last meetup (which was fun and has its place too). Thanks Swisher for organizing it. Should we bring FOF gear if we have it or should we just have an FOF only day instead sometime soon?
    PSP
    FRS
    FOF
    CRG
    ARG
    0-5

Quote Originally Posted by irishmike View Post
    I totally reserve the right to point and laugh at you and you're AR. I'd have to be crazy to laugh too hard though, I remember you swinging the BIG kettle bell in your demo! I'm pretty stoked about they're being a mini-curriculum, I was worried this would be more bull session, with less emphasis on training like our last meetup (which was fun and has its place too). Thanks Swisher for organizing it. Should we bring FOF gear if we have it or should we just have an FOF only day instead sometime soon?
    We can BS at lunch, but the training time will be serious. SI is serious about bringing life saving warrior training to its students and this will follow along those lines. Sorry, no FOF this time.
    aka cedartop

The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God and I will praise him, my father's God and I will exalt him. The LORD is a warrior; the LORD is his name.

Quote Originally Posted by buckcz View Post
    Mike

I'll be there. Thanks for keeping the training coming to Michigan!
    Great, got you down. Looking forward to seeing you again. Maybe some AK pushups this time.
    aka cedartop

Bring whichever, or both. I will probably bring both myself. Glad that you are planning on having it zeroed. We will do a quick confirmation of zero, but then it will be on to the work/fun.
    aka cedartop

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Swisher View Post
    Great, got you down. Looking forward to seeing you again. Maybe some AK pushups this time.
    HAH! you remembered! i like to be abused a little 8).
    "Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men. "
    Miyamoto Musashi

I should be in CONUS that week and will attend. Looking forward to seeing the SI gang.

Quote Originally Posted by dufus686 View Post
    I should be in CONUS that week and will attend. Looking forward to seeing the SI gang.
    You honor us with your presence JK.
    aka cedartop