Easter Specials 2014
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Man that's a steal on a clean DSA with those goodies!
    Have you hugged your AK today?

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    I just bought a DSA carbine from an auction, the price was just too good to pass (just over $1000--it also came with 8 mags and spares). Im thinking that Id like to add a folding stock, since I got a good deal on the rifle.

Thoughts on a folder??

Of course theres a L1A1 still calling me and my Sterling needs a companion......
    It sounds and looks like you got a great deal.

The folder has a different bolt carrier and recoil system so it isn't just a matter of taking the buttstock off and throwing on a folder. I've forgotten, but I'm pretty sure the bottom receiver on the folder is different from that on the the fixed stock rifle.

As for the L1A1 that is calling your name; think one rifle at a time.

Re: The L1A1 yeah its still out there unless I find another great deal. I put out a lot of "feelers" when I started looking, so who knows...

As for the Folder, I was speaking to "Niki" at DSA today, (we are becoming friends with all my phone calls about this and that), She told me about the necessary changes and prices. I havent decided if I want or need to do it yet. After the rifle arrives I'll have a better idea. My thinking was that with the rifle already being short a folder would just add to it -AND- because I got the rifle at a good price, it wouldnt be a huge extra cost.

I'd recommend you handle a folder first. Some like them, some don't. A friend's Argentine folder fits me like they used me as a model to design it. No rifle I've ever held comes to aim as well as it does.
    Repetition is not truth.

"Hope is not a method and wishes are not plans."
    Gen. Carl Vuono, USA

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist."
    Charles Baudelaire

KRG, SUT, PSP, RG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12