Quote Originally Posted by sharkeyJ View Post
I want to echo how this was a great training opportunity that I really appreciated.
Thanks Sharkey
Quote Originally Posted by sharkeyJ View Post
One thing for me was that I noticed that I was thinking in terms of shooting solutions, gaming it a bit. I wasn't meaning to do that and was trying to think in realistic terms but I realized, and it was pointed out, that I went to guns quicker than I should in the ATM scenario and certainly quicker than I would have in reality. Maybe when setting up the scenarios you could make a point of reminding us to think in those terms. Maybe include no shoot options to the scenarios somehow?
The full bag of tricks for this sort of training includes scenarios with no threats, targets with both threat indicator and police badges, cellphones and other objects that force you to discriminate between indicators, much more verbal interaction between targets and the shooter, etc. I just wanted to keep it fairly simple the first time out since this would be fairly new to you guys. Its easy to get overwhelmed in scenarios like this.