The Suarez Method

Thread: IDPA Legal

Default IDPA Legal

Anyone know if Dale's OWB holsters are legal for competition?
    If it was easy we wouldn't need a wizard now would we. ~ Gilda

Lvl 100 Elf Lord.

To ask why we fight is like to ask why the leaves fall, because it is in our nature.

As long as it covers the trigger guard in IDPA it should be legal, Which I am sure they do.

Page 29 of IPA Rule Book

http://www.idpa.com/Documents/IDPARuleBook2005.pdf
    Last edited by TACC; 12-29-2011 at 05:51 PM.

This is the part I wasn't aware of being changed
    Effective April 15, 2005, the IDPA “Approved Holster List” is no
    longer in effect and holsters previously listed are NOT
    necessarily approved for IDPA competition.

Been a long while since I did any bullet golf.
    If it was easy we wouldn't need a wizard now would we. ~ Gilda

Lvl 100 Elf Lord.

To ask why we fight is like to ask why the leaves fall, because it is in our nature.

No gaps between holster and body, trigger fully covered, FBI can't or straight up/down...these are the basics.

The Gidoen Elite will work for sure!
    Let the high praises of God be in our mouth, And a two-edged sword in our hand.
    Psalm 149
    Stay Safe; Be Dangerous!
    Dale

What about the Archangel?
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who keep their swords. -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by CZ Man View Post
    What about the Archangel?
    Sure, as long as it's worn behind the hip.

I will say that brother Irish Mike has put in long hours as an RO, SO & First Responder to win enough good will to let him run his AIWB at his club. Since it would be unseemly for him to brag on himself, I'll also point out that he won the Stock Service Division at the recent Winter Match that hosted 59 shooters. Attaboy Mike!
    God's dog, training to be a lion.

TheYellowDogProject...spread the word.

Thanks bro! After all my whining the best I finagled out of the brass is being able to run 1 match a year from aiwb, and tossing out the score. Just like how you have to download high cap mags to 10 to keep it "fair" for the revolver and 1911 guys. They reference the excuse of new shooters wanting to do it without the trigger discipline to keep from putting a round in their junk. They claim you sweep yourself, and a few other "safety" issues that terrify them, its pandering to the LCD and general fudd attitude (as in inferiority complex). I'm not as bitter about having to run it iwb behind the hip, makes me practice my aiwb draws more (so its my go-to default draw), and its just another skill set that I may have to use when wearing a suit or tucked in shirt (which my job doesn't require). A lot of people will knock IDPA, but rest assured I fly the SI flag high, exploding off the X, bursting at targets that require two hits, and running and point shooting one handed. Heck, next match I'm shooting a 19 sans sights to protest their silly "no head shots past 7 yds" rule. Hmm, I recall hitting those with ease at PSP.
    Ramble over, Dales AA is my favorite all time holster, (and ive got boxes of holsters ive tried) and it can be worn iwb too. Keep up the great work Dale!
    PSP
    FRS
    FOF
    CRG
    ARG
    0-5

Do what you gotta do to get something out of it is the way I look at it. So I have to move my holster and only load 10 rounds. No big deal. If I carry my glock 27 on the street it only holds 10 rounds and if I wear a suit I have my holster behind my hip so it really is no big deal to me.

I shoot to slidelock most of the time because if my 18 shot pistol stops at 11 that is a malfunction. How do I fix it? Unload/reload.

If a stage is just ridiculously unrealistic I just mentally rewrite the stage so that I am a badguy too and I'm just trying to eliminate some of my competition in the "hood". Like I said, whatever works for you to get something out of it.

I also have been known to pick a stage and shoot ALL headshots. The head box is still 6"x6" which is pretty close in size to the 8" -0 circle in the chest. Most people that can shoot a stage "Down Zero" can shoot a stage with all head shots down zero. ANd it makes people look at you kinda funny when you smoke their time and all the targets are shot in the face.

Remember.....WWJWHD? What Would John Wesley Hardin Do?
    Last edited by Randy Harris; 01-10-2012 at 05:18 PM.
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Tennessee State Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Glock Factory Certified Armorer
    Master Class IDPA Stock Service Pistol
    Gung Ho Chuan Association

TRAIN with me....http://www.suarezinternationalstore....px?find=harris

Fundamentalist Christian Man at Arms

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A good man who's done a couple of bad things along the way....