Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will stand?

Default Who will stand?

I’m sick of it, all of it, the acceptance of mediocrity. The battle cry of lowering your standards to raise your average. The call of the “getting by is good enough” crowd. The “I have all the training I need” crowd and the “that’s the way we’ve always done it” crowd.

I want to know WHO WILL STAND? Who will stand next to me on the firing line when it’s freezing rain and blowing snow to become better than average? Who will stand next to me and swing kettlebells and do burpies until you’re ready to puke because being fit is a responsibility to your family and your safety? Who will stand next to me and remove political correctness from your life because it’s as dishonest as outright lying? Who will stand next to me and put the FU into Follow Up shots?

WHO WILL STAND? Who will stand next to me and train, train to the best of your ability. Train in the heat, the snow, the cold, the rain. Train when you have an excuse, train when you don’t. Who will stand next to me in dirty BDUs covered in sweat strapped to a 65 pound ruck carrying a rifle. Who will stand next to me when some other schools groupie tries to tell me that 200+ yard pistol shots aren’t possible.

WHO WILL STAND? Who will stand next to me and be not ashamed when I refer to the skinny jeans wearing, haircut needing, emo punk as “homo, faggot, sweetheart, sugartruck, queer, douche, or pu$$y”? Who will stand next to me when I say other schools are full to the brim with “faggs, tards, and fatties”? Who will stand with me and understand that these aren’t slurs or hate speech they are adjectives, and if you’re offended you probably are one.

WHO WILL STAND? Who will stand next to me and accept no excuses, do what needs to be done, enter the fight because you should, not because you need to or are obligated to but because it’s right? Who will stand next to me not accepting the lowest common denominator training, not letting others impose their limitations on you and your mind? Who will stand next to me and laugh, laugh because you enjoy life and those you spend it with?

WHO WILL STAND? Who will stand next to me when some booger eater tells me that shooting on the move is impossible? Who will stand next to me when a dirty bird wearer scoffs at my RMRd Glock but refuses to go head to head with his 1911 on the range or FOF?

WHO WILL STAND? Who will stand with me and get the best gear they can afford and train with that gear until their skills surpass their equipment? Who will stand next to me and become a complete fighter? Who will stand next to me as a perfumed Pittbull, you look good, you smell good, but you’re a killer on the inside? Who will stand next to me as a cultured warrior, a Christian warrior, a fight winner, and not some metro-sexual pussified version of a male?

WHO WILL STAND? Who will stand with me as a MAN?

Or do I stand alone?

Greg Nichols,
    Suarez International Staff Instructor
    Last edited by Greg Nichols; 03-24-2016 at 12:11 PM.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Dont go sugarcoating it now, the emo sugarbritches might get all warm and fuzzy bro.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

PC/weakness/compromise is a cancer, I just want to know who else believes it and is willing to stand up and say so.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Just finished a work out (I went man-down in May with thyroid collapse and have been sloooowly getting my meds balanced since) and was going to take it easy this afternoon. I think I will go clear some brush in the pasture that I have been putting off for a while. I will be shooting tomorrow and starting up with the kettle bell basics tomorrow. Thanks for the clear perspective. I will pin this to the fridge.

Arne

Greg, thank you for the wake up call. You said what many here probably feel but have never had to put into words. To answer your question, I will stand. And if you see me falter, you have my permission to kick my ass back in line.
    Close Range Gunfighting
    Fight Focused Handgun (x 2)
    Advanced Combat Pistol Marksmanship
    Advanced Point Shooting Progressions
    Dynamics of the Shotgun

Certified Glock Armorer

Ill stand with you bro. I have no qualms calling a spade a spade. Mediocrity is for pu$$ys.
    PSP
    FRS
    FOF
    CRG
    ARG
    0-5

The whole tribe will stand
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez View Post
    The whole tribe will stand
    Damn skippy Gabe!
    Semper Fidelis - Always Faithful to God, Country, Corps.
    I came into this world screaming and kicking covered in someone else's blood, I intend to go out the same way.
    "when bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke
    CRG - 1x

Wherever I get paid to do things other people can't or won't.
    Not worthy, but getting there.

Damn, brother. You got chills runnin' up my back with that! I was gonna call it night and watch some idiot box, but now I'm fixin' to break out the 'bells and do some snatches Tabata style. AMEN!!!