Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sexy pile of shottys. Don't forget the stock 930 that ran like a sewing machine all day. Let's see 2 870s went down, a typical picky 1100 and the mossberg's ran fine... Hmm yep pay attention to the transitions, you may need for reasons other than empty tube.
    Great class, I really took alot away and have been running my new skills. Thanks guys.
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Nieuwland View Post
    Thanks, guys. Good training with you again.

I agree. I think it's fair to say that the first Dynamics of the Shotgun class went great. We had another great group of students, and a wide variety of shotgun models, sights, stocks and action types.

Here's a good example of what I'm talking about:

Attachment 18539

A good time was had by all.

I just got back from the Mid Carolina Rifle Club meeting. I have gotten permission to use the range for another Dynamics of the Shotgun class: Friday, February 3. We will use a longer bay that allows us to shoot slugs out to 50 yards if the students are up for it. Look for it to appear on the official schedule soon.

I should have my TSD AR-12 by the time that class rolls around, in case there's anyone wanting to try one out....

I'll let Chris reveal what he has in mind for February 4 and 5!
    And whatever you do, whether in word or deed do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Colossians 3:17
    -SI classes: CRG, Defensive pistol, PSP, Rifle, Advanced Rifle, Shotgun, FOF, Vehicle gunfighting
    -Certified Glock, Sig, FN, Xd/XDM AR/Ak, CZ

-Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez
    And alcohol is just to get you drunk
    women are just to relieve the pressure
    and food is just to kill the hunger.....
    Hardly the sort of life I care to live.

Hello, this is my first Question & comment so HI to all! Well the 1# Question I have is....I know that Suarez International has range is a private location located about 35 minutes from downtown Chattanooga & the range is geographically located where the TN, GA and AL borders meet each other....2# Question is... do Suarez International ever come up the the North. Lets say New York State or New Jersey.
    Do you Remember what the TV preacher said, on the movie "Night of the Living Dead" right before the TV station was over ran with hoards of Zombies?
    He said "When hell is full, and there's no more room for the dead,
    The Dead will walk the earth. The Dead will walk the earth."
    So it's bound too happen sooner or later. So please start getting ready.
    Learn how to shoot...Preparing now for Zombiedamnation is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by AK-David View Post
    Hello, this is my first Question & comment so HI to all! Well the 1# Question I have is....I know that Suarez International has range is a private location located about 35 minutes from downtown Chattanooga & the range is geographically located where the TN, GA and AL borders meet each other....2# Question is... do Suarez International ever come up the the North. Lets say New York State or New Jersey.
    Welcome to WT! Your best bet is to look at the schedule posted at the SI site, find the classes you want that are closest to you, and sign up before prices rise at the end of the year.

Ryan Acuff Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AK-David View Post
    Jack Rumbaugh is closest in Virginia.

thanks for the help :)
    Do you Remember what the TV preacher said, on the movie "Night of the Living Dead" right before the TV station was over ran with hoards of Zombies?
    He said "When hell is full, and there's no more room for the dead,
    The Dead will walk the earth. The Dead will walk the earth."
    So it's bound too happen sooner or later. So please start getting ready.
    Learn how to shoot...Preparing now for Zombiedamnation is a good idea.

"less talky, more shooty!!"

I think that sums up a Suarez class pretty well.
    And I knew somebody was going to have a comment about my pink shells. All I have to say about that is they are for a cause that most men can support!
    Alex ran a great class with a wonderful balance of levity and seriousness. I love the environmental of SI classes. And hearing JD growling at the targets between shots definitely engaged my combat mindset!

I ran the 1100 with a Maxpedition Fatboy. I like running a side bag and just bought the TSD bag a few weeks ago and haven't really decided if I have a favorite yet but I do appreciate the mag dividers of the TSD bag.
    The only problem I had with my 1100 were a few stovepipes when I was running the low brass and it failed to eject. Not that big of a deal 'cause it's an easy clear to sweep the shell, and it has never failed to eject when I run Magnums and full brass. I have to say though, I didn't really have any idea just how fast that shotgun really is!! I could drain 3-4 shells into the target while moving off the line while most of the pumps only had 2 down the pipe. I was glad I brought plenty of ammo cause the semi auto action just made it fun and easy.
    I love my Ithica 37s and carry one in my truck. But the 1100 is pretty much the "knight" of my castle. I've grown up with an appreciation of shotties 'cause we weren't allowed to hunt with rifles where I grew up in upstate NY.
    I like how the material of the class is fairly basic yet VERY effective. I went in to the class a little apprehensive 'cause I know there is only so much you can do with a shotgun and that was actually one of the first things that is discussed in the class; namely, how limited the shotgun really is. But, even with its limitations, it's a BEAST!!!!
    If you like a class that will give you a lot of "bang" for your buck and you wanna get to the reality without all the hype; look no further!!

Thanx Alex! Hope to see you on the line again some time.

I currently have a Burris speed bead on it but think it won't stay on much longer. I love running the red dot but that set up is NOT stable and shits around on the gun while getting bumped in the case. I had to spend the first few drills figuring out where I was hitting paper and adjust accordingly.

Big thanks going out to the Hedgedog for bringing out the fun gunz!! I also just picked up that Kershaw knife you showed me and stocked up on a few of those Tourniquets like you recommended and now carry one in my chest rig, pick-up, and range bag. Putting a blow-out kit on my "to buy" list for my range bag too!
    NRA Instructor
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
    Montana CCW Instructor
    Utah CWP Instructor

http://www.facebook.com/FortressMT
    http://www.fortressmt.org/

J - glad I could pass along some info & introduce you to my little friends. Like you said, there's a lot of bang for the bucks with Suarez. Hope you find the TDI knife as useful an EDC as I have.

Hope you have a great 2012 & will hopefully train with you again. Get in touch if you come back to the Southeast.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Betancourt View Post
    Thanx Alex! Hope to see you on the line again some time.
    Thank you! It was good to train with you, and I'm looking forward to doing so again some day!