Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Dynamics of the shotgun in SC

Props to Alex for another great SI class, you and Chris put on another successful class. I had a great training day that helped me shed some bad habits I had developed in my shotgun handling. To my fellow class mates good training with you and meeting you all. Wish I could have stayed for dinner afterwards and the rifle class Chris was teaching Sat/Sun.
    This is a must do for anyone who runs a shotty as HD or car gun. Gets you in tune with range of use and feeding the beast. At close quarters a shotgun rules the roost but it does have it's limitions. This class will help you see and feel them. The afterclass senerio was great and hammers home the options and power of a shotgun but also reminds us of it's limitions. If you take this class with Alex stay for it. It's a great extra he offers that makes you think within the operational limits of the shotgun.
    JD good to meet you looking forward to training AK with you next month.
    Thanks for having me again guys see you again soon hopefully. Stay safe all.
    Eric
    And whatever you do, whether in word or deed do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Colossians 3:17
    -SI classes: CRG, Defensive pistol, PSP, Rifle, Advanced Rifle, Shotgun, FOF, Vehicle gunfighting
    -Certified Glock, Sig, FN, Xd/XDM AR/Ak, CZ

-Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez
    And alcohol is just to get you drunk
    women are just to relieve the pressure
    and food is just to kill the hunger.....
    Hardly the sort of life I care to live.

Eric hit the nail on the head. Excellent class with lots of take away info, highly recommended for begginers or old hands with the shotgun.
    Great to train with all that attended and wish I could have stayed for the rifle class.
    I was gun in hand in the NC woodland saturday, no joy on the deer but i found a great spot for harvesting squirrels.

Eric, looking forward to putting in some AK work with you Brother.

Alex & Chris great to train with you guys again.

v/r

JD

Thanks, guys. Good training with you again.

I agree. I think it's fair to say that the first Dynamics of the Shotgun class went great. We had another great group of students, and a wide variety of shotgun models, sights, stocks and action types.

Here's a good example of what I'm talking about:

shotties.jpg

A good time was had by all.

I just got back from the Mid Carolina Rifle Club meeting. I have gotten permission to use the range for another Dynamics of the Shotgun class: Friday, February 3. We will use a longer bay that allows us to shoot slugs out to 50 yards if the students are up for it. Look for it to appear on the official schedule soon.

I should have my TSD AR-12 by the time that class rolls around, in case there's anyone wanting to try one out....

I'll let Chris reveal what he has in mind for February 4 and 5!
    Last edited by Alex Nieuwland; 11-14-2011 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Nieuwland View Post

shotties.jpg
    The pink shotshells still crack me up.

That would be Combat Rifle Marksmanship and Advanced Combat Rifle Marksmanship. This pair of HITS classes will take the fighting rifle beginner and get them up to speed faster than anything else. Come on out and train!

Another awesome class Alex.

I am amazed at the amount of information & training that we received in one day. No seminar on turning the shotgun into a "mall ninja" dream. Just good old-fashioned training and shooting. As you said "less talky, more shotty". Very well laid out course along with excellent pointers & feed back. Everyone, from begginers to experience shotgun handlers, should take this class. I guarantee that you will take away new understanding & appreciation for use of shotgun as defensive weapon.

I look forward to training with y'all again soon.

JD - Hate to hear of "no joy" in buckland. Great to see & train with you again. Next time you come down, you'll need to have a longer conversation with Uziel Gal's little friend.

Hedgedawg,

It was good training with you again Brother.

Yeah that lil thing is gonna cause me to enhance my stamp collection. It is on the list for a barrel reduction but no fun switch.

I will be in the woods at every opportunity until I can punch a tag and get a chunk of back strap on the grill.

Once again great class Alex looking forward to the extended range and checking out the AR12.

v/r

JD

Quote Originally Posted by hedgedawg View Post
    I am amazed at the amount of information & training that we received in one day. No seminar on turning the shotgun into a "mall ninja" dream. Just good old-fashioned training and shooting. As you said "less talky, more shotty". Very well laid out course along with excellent pointers & feed back. Everyone, from begginers to experience shotgun handlers, should take this class. I guarantee that you will take away new understanding & appreciation for use of shotgun as defensive weapon.
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed it! It was a pleasure to train with you again, as usual. I'll try to make the second edition of Dynamics of the Shotgun in South Carolina even better.

Thanks again for bringing Uziel Gal's little friend. That was, simply put, fantastic. Any day that includes the phrase "Leave the targets up so we can shoot them with the machine gun" is a good day.

Sexy pile of shottys. Don't forget the stock 930 that ran like a sewing machine all day. Let's see 2 870s went down, a typical picky 1100 and the mossberg's ran fine... Hmm yep pay attention to the transitions, you may need for reasons other than empty tube.
    Great class, I really took alot away and have been running my new skills. Thanks guys.
    Eric

Thanks, guys. Good training with you again.

I agree. I think it's fair to say that the first Dynamics of the Shotgun class went great. We had another great group of students, and a wide variety of shotgun models, sights, stocks and action types.

shotties.jpg

A good time was had by all.

I just got back from the Mid Carolina Rifle Club meeting. I have gotten permission to use the range for another Dynamics of the Shotgun class: Friday, February 3. We will use a longer bay that allows us to shoot slugs out to 50 yards if the students are up for it. Look for it to appear on the official schedule soon.

I should have my TSD AR-12 by the time that class rolls around, in case there's anyone wanting to try one out....

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Colossians 3:17
    -SI classes: CRG, Defensive pistol, PSP, Rifle, Advanced Rifle, Shotgun, FOF, Vehicle gunfighting
    -Certified Glock, Sig, FN, Xd/XDM AR/Ak, CZ

-Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez
    And alcohol is just to get you drunk
    women are just to relieve the pressure
    and food is just to kill the hunger.....
    Hardly the sort of life I care to live.

Hello, this is my first Question & comment so HI to all! Well the 1# Question I have is....I know that Suarez International has range is a private location located about 35 minutes from downtown Chattanooga & the range is geographically located where the TN, GA and AL borders meet each other....2# Question is... do Suarez International ever come up the the North. Lets say New York State or New Jersey.
    Do you Remember what the TV preacher said, on the movie "Night of the Living Dead" right before the TV station was over ran with hoards of Zombies?
    He said "When hell is full, and there's no more room for the dead,
    The Dead will walk the earth. The Dead will walk the earth."
    So it's bound too happen sooner or later. So please start getting ready.
    Learn how to shoot...Preparing now for Zombiedamnation is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by AK-David View Post
    Hello, this is my first Question & comment so HI to all! Well the 1# Question I have is....I know that Suarez International has range is a private location located about 35 minutes from downtown Chattanooga & the range is geographically located where the TN, GA and AL borders meet each other....2# Question is... do Suarez International ever come up the the North. Lets say New York State or New Jersey.
    Welcome to WT! Your best bet is to look at the schedule posted at the SI site, find the classes you want that are closest to you, and sign up before prices rise at the end of the year.