Default 0-5 ft Gunfighting Atlanta GA

I would like to tell everyone this is the best SI class that I have been to, but honestly all the SI classes I have been to are great. This class was no exception. I feel like this class built on top of the other skills and tools that SI has given me in the past. Now I am not claiming this class is superior to any other class (Did I not just say all SI classes are great?), but this is a must take. Why? Anyone (expect spineless liberals) can draw from a concealed holster on a square range and shoot at paper. This class took those skills and applied them to "real" world applications (i.e. like being attacked in a parking lot at night.).

Some thoughts that I had after finishing this class. Before this class I didn't know I was woefully unprepared for a "street" fight even if I was armed. After this class I know I am unprepared for a "street" fight! This class taught me not to continue slugging and grappling in a fight to the death, but to recognize openings (and to work to create said openings) that could be exploited to create distance between me and my adversary which will allow me to either access my weapon or escape depending on the circumstances.

We had the privilege of Randy as instructor. If you had not taken a class with Randy, and have the opportunity, take it. It was my second class with Randy. He knows the material, and demonstrates the techniques so that someone like myself with little experience in this arena can understand and duplicate. I will take more classes with Randy as opportunity permits.

If I was taking classes on usefulness, this would be near if not at the top. Basically, take this class even if you have to fly across the country. It is worth it.

Billy
    Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and thermonuclear weapons.

SG
    CRG
    KRG
    LGPSP
    0-5
    LLG
    VG
    TMCO
    AKRG

Here are some pics from the force on force training
    Matt Dillon.jpgiAttacker stops.jpgnKnife attack 2.jpggKnife attack 3.jpg
    Knife attack.jpg
    Scott Vandiver
    NRA Training Counselor
    Private Security Instructor
    Www.centerfiretraining.com

More Pictures, Randy smiling at the gun take away
    Gun takeaway.jpgs
    It make it easy to draw after you toss the bad guy
    Throw down.jpg
    Shoot them to the ground in action
    Shoot em down.jpg
    Last edited by Scott Vandiver; 10-03-2011 at 04:31 PM.
    Scott Vandiver
    NRA Training Counselor

The disarm Scott pulled off DID make Randy smile.....

I have a bunch more pics I'll put up when I get the chance.

This was an excellent class! Everyone worked hard and made me proud. Even the 2 guys who have had the class before (yes...they took it TWICE!) said they still learned a lot and got a lot out of it the second time around. This is one of those ....I hate to use the word "epiphany" .....but it is one of those classes where people see things differently than they did before they arrived. They see how foolish people are who carry a gun so they don't have to know how to fight....If you carry a gun you'd BETTER know how to work through it if you get into a fight.

Thanks again guys. I think I might have enjoyed teaching the class as much as you guys enjoyed participating in it.
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Tennessee State Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Glock Factory Certified Armorer
    IDPA Master Class SSP, ESP,CDP, CCP, BUG, CO
    Gung Ho Chuan Association

TRAIN with me....https://suarezinternational.com/sear...h_query=harris

Fundamentalist Christian Man at Arms

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A good man who's done a couple of bad things along the way....

I certainly enjoyed this class! I now see things in a different light regarding being in 'the hole'. Things happen real fast in there and you better have some sort of plan to get out of it fast. The hand to hand and FOF portions of this class were real eye openers. The disarms, blocking, trapping, striking, etc. need some practice for them to become automatic but they are not difficult to learn. I can not say enough about how this class, with the FOF and hand to hand portions, was worth every penny of the cost. You don't know what you don't know truly applies here. Carrying a gun and thinking you don't need to know how to fight is simply ludicrous. Thanks, Randy for a fantastic class.

Mike

I love this class!! Like Billy and Mike have said, it is an eye opener. Like Randy and Mike stated, if your only plan is to draw and shoot, and they're within two arms length, that probably isn't gonna go well for you. This class puts the student into situations that they are most likely to face and provides techniques and tactics to try and win that fight. The techniques that Randy has compiled for this course, are top notch. They are simple, gross motor techniques, that many students were pulling off with effectiveness before the class was over. I also believe enough detail is shown on these techniques for the student to go home and train. Examples of what you'll face in this class are multiple attackers, knife attacks, gun attacks, fighting off your back, and all of the above mixed together. Again, the most likely stuff that we are going to encounter as civilians.

The more I train, the more I realize how much I don't want to get into a fist fight/gun fight/knife fight. That doesn't mean you shy away from the fight when it's on you, but you try and avoid before it's on you. If you can't avoid it you attack with an aggression and pressure that your attacker could never comprehend. Take him from "Free lunch" to "Get me the F*** outta here!!". This class provides you with the means to do just that. This class gives you the opportunity to experiment and learn what works and what doesn't. So as Randy has stated many times, the first time you see it is not when it's for real.

What a great group of guys we had out training this weekend. Everyone trained hard, and made great progress. I really hope we can all get together again and continue to train, you guys fought hard, and I really enjoyed working with each of you.

Randy, another excellent course. I believe a large part of what makes this class special is Randy's past training experiences. He has worked with more than just the gun, and it shows in this training. It makes for a really great class. If you carry a gun, you NEED to take this class.

Ryan Bradford

Here are a few picture from the live fire.

over the head.jpg
    From the ground.jpg
    Off the X.jpg
    Scott Vandiver
    NRA Training Counselor

Default Jeth Childers 0-5 feet

Did the 0-5 feet FOF training class this past weekend with Randy and totally enjoyed it. I liked the way the class flowed from starting with some of the basics, then gradually implementing more and more of the techniques into the drills as they became more complex and live.

Randy was very helpful as well as knowledgeable in relaying life saving techniques and skills into the gun,knife, and open hand techniques he was teaching. There was always method and reasoning behind what we were training, and we did alot of training. This is a very dynamic course filled with plenty of life saving techniques should the misfortune of violence ever confront you or a loved one.

Now comes the part where I make drilling what was taught to me this past weekend a normal and consistent part of my training. I enjoyed learning and training with all the guys this weekend and hope to see and train with them again. I would highly recommend this course! And am very likely to take it again. Thanks Randy
    Last edited by Jchild73; 10-04-2011 at 05:51 PM.