Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    as a previous poster said, i think it is all relative.

the ones that stick out in my mind are; fried crickets, raw lamb lightly mixed with some spices, and a type of middle east yogurt (not kefir) with a 3 day ferment.
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
    - Mark Twain
    "Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school."
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanTiger74 View Post
    Crab roe- With rice and patis(fish sauce) it's DAMN GOOD
    Crab fat- the yellow and green stuff...mixed in with the roe, rice and patis, GREAT!!!! These two combined = high cholesterol and high blood pressure. That's Flip food for ya.
    Escargot- I actually like my backyard friends in butter and garlic.
    Pusit- Tagalog for dried squid. With vinegar it rocks. Make it better, just add rice. LOL!!!! WARNING: The wife or gf will not kiss you for days. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    Chick on a Stick...NO NOT THAT, THIS.....

Attachment 17403
    I was 5 when I ate it and they didn't tell me about the gullet. BLEH!!!!!

I also had this....balut...fermented duck egg. There are several versions(stages of growth actually) one can eat. Again I was 5 when I saw what it was. I didn't eat the duckling I just ate the yoke and drank the soup that was inside. LOL!!!!
    Attachment 17404
    Hot Vit Lon, good stuff. Had a "C" Team Green Beany come to our place once (Probably a Supply Sargeant), brand new starched Jungle Fatques. He was sitting at the bar drinking a Ba Muoi Ba, as me and one of the Bar Maids were sucking snails, you could tell he was getting grossed out. I told Ma Ma San to get some Hot Vit Lon, when she got them, I gave one to the old Boy and grabbed me one. Cracked the top off, lifted the flap covering the head and showed the Sarge, saying here's looking at you and took a big bite. Sarge got up, ran for the door. started puking about half way there, lol. He got on the next bird out

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanSkyCop1 View Post
    Damn, I never did get to eat camel while I was out there.
    Really? Hell, I can pick up camel in my local souk. It's not bad, but by the time it's reached Minnesota it's probably not the freshest...
    Stay dangerous, my friends.

Guinea pig in Peru is up there, but I'm sure I've eaten weirder stuff. I'm what people call an "adventurous eater". I'll say "just bring me whatever" in other countries, and it's usually good.

===========================
    Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Hudskaar...putrified shark, wrapped in its own skin, and left to rot in a stone cairn downwind of the vllage...absolutely disgusting. Tastes like swampy catfish and a dirty cat box...wreaks of ammonia (which is what preserves it). A traditional Viking dish, which may explain their horrible attitude...just sayin'...
    Last edited by bonehedz; 12-12-2012 at 02:45 PM.

"Wise is the man, who in quiet times, keeps his knives sharp and at hand."- Lao Tzu

He who owns little is little owned...

Dear Lord, When I die, please don't let the missus sell my rifles for what I told her I paid for them...

‎"Hakkaa päälle!"

Default Re: Most Unusual Foods You've Eaten

"Balut" in the Phillipines. That was quite a "treat".

"It''s not because I'm a lawyer, it's because I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany..."

Porpoise, caught accidentally and drowned in a cod net off a small fishing village in Newfoundland. Raw it was a dark red meat that looked like roast beef. Oven roasted it was almost black with the consistency and texture of beef that tasted like fish. A true shock to the senses.
    The aggregation of marginal gains.

Live goldfish. These: goldfish-care.jpg

Not these: head-prd_goldfish.jpg
    Last edited by Kyosogi; 12-12-2012 at 04:01 PM.
    "I don't want to be chicken, I want to eat it." -McDonald's commercial
    Vehicle Gunfighting Fundamentals - Red October - Point Shooting Gunfighting Skills - Ultimate Pistol Gunfighting - Close Range Gunfighting - Advanced Combat Rifle Marksmanship - Combat Rifle Marksmanship - Dynamics of the Shotgun

Escargot, calamari, cow brain and tongue, ostrich, warthog, impala, gator- I eat so much "weird stuff" I don't even remember it all. Willing to try almost anything at least once ;)
    "God grants liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it"- Daniel Webster

"Concealed carry is just enough to not shoot your own foot off. If you have CHL you have a moral and ethical responsibility to train more."- My Dad, though I'm sure others have said it too.

Crickets, grubworms, heart of palm, banana heart, shark, pine needles, smilax leaves and stalks, white pine bark (yes it's edible), dandelions (the roots make coffee!), Cattail roots/stalks (taste like potatoes), wild carrots (my favorite), Hemlock needles, Partridge berries, May Apples, Burdock, wild blackberries, wild black raspberries, wild blueberries, Velvet Bananas, Papaya salad (awesome), Breadfruit

there's more but that's what I can think of right now...