Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left hand AK transtion to right hand draw pistol is very quick.
    oops, I see that was not what I thought, but nice to see another lefty outthere.
    Last edited by jcart; 08-16-2011 at 06:03 AM.
    “Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9).

"Victory in war does not depend upon the size of the army, but on the strength that comes from heaven" (1 Maccabees 3:19)

Two in this class, and there's more of us than you think. We had a CRG class where 4 out of 8 shooters were leftys.
    "Always outnumbered. Never outfought!"

Motto of the Special Action Force of the Philippine Constabulary

Great pics Jeff!

This was my first Suarez class, but it definitely will not be my last.
    Randy was knowledgeable and flexible, adjusting the class to our skill levels and enabling us to get the most out of our hands-on time. I know my group (the guys with rifle plates) picked up some new things, and found out just where we need to improve.

Great class, and I cant wait till the next one!

This class was a bit different than other rifle training I've attended. As I mentioned to Randy at the class; I appreciated him treating us as professionals. This class seemed to put an emphasis on weapons handling, as in ambidextrous use including reloads, movement, and shooting from unconventional positions.

I shoot every week, and tried my best to prepare for this class. I watched The Fundamental Kalashnikov, Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting, Advanced Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting, and Beyond the Firearm II multiple time. Still, I was pushed outside my comfort zone several times and my skills were challenged. I am incorporating parts of the class into my normal routine training.

I had a belt set up with a Glock single mag pouch on each side, two Dale Fricke AK mag pouches on my left, and one on my right, and of course my Glock in a Bladetech holster. This combination worked well for me and I could reload from either side. I also had a U.S. Palm chest rig with me that I did not use because the belt worked so well. My Arsenal SGL 31-94 with Aimpoint ran 100% with Silver Bear in a mixture of Russian, Bulgarian, and Polish mags.

I am already scouting ahead for another SI class. Another rifle class of some sort to be sure. Thanks to Randy Harris for a job well done, my fellow class mates for their cooperation to the fun we had. It was also good to have a chance to train at Knob Creek Range. Thanks also to Jeff for the excellent pics!
    Last edited by Jager; 08-20-2011 at 02:24 PM.
    diligentia, vis, celeritas

Don't discount the pistol classes, they may be even more applicable in a professional capacity...
    "Always outnumbered. Never outfought!"

Motto of the Special Action Force of the Philippine Constabulary