Kalashnikov Training in 2015
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Phoenix and Arizona Training Group with Doug Little

Gents and Ladies,

When the weather cools down a bit, I want to get an alumni training group together. We've been bouncing this around in various classes and it is time to get it organized.

I will have records of anyone who has trained with me and if you've attended an SI course, you got a course completion certificate. Bring a copy and you'll be good to go.

All of you know how difficult it is to practice skills learned in SI courses since you can't do this stuff at most of the public ranges in the Phoenix area.

What I'd like to do is this...

Let's organize a couple of dates, probably a Saturday in late October or early November. We'll do a couple of four hour sessions...one rifle and one pistol on each day. We can do a picnic lunch at Ben Avery so that everyone gets a chance to meet either before or after the session. I will provide all the beverages (non-alcoholic of course).

I'm thinking that the cost would be $60 per person per session which would include range fees and targets plus the drills and coaching.

I will put together a bunch of drills that we can run through after a safety briefing and warm up. We will combine some stuff from DPS, CRG and Point Shooting in the Pistol portion.

In the Rifle session, we will do some CQB and longer range stuff with some simple team drills at the end. On the rifle course, it would be critical to bring a ZEROED rifle. We won't have the time to zero anyone...

I am thinking about a 150-200 round count for each session.

What do you say? Who is interested? We probably will need to keep the size limited to 12 per session to insure plenty of trigger time. If we get lots of interest, we can set up additional dates.

OK...up to you guys now. Let me hear from you.

Doug Little

Suarez International
    Tier One Staff Instructor

Train with Doug Little

NRA Training Counselor
    AZ DPS Certified CCW Instructor
    CA DOJ Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
    Glock Factory Armorer

Armed Personal Defense website

It's usually under a '100' by All Hallow's Eve . Just name the date and if you need any help with prep....

Doug is an instructor extraordinaire! Be there or be sorry!
    An RMR mounted Glock....."It's just cheating"

If it would be beneficial, we could donate some gear to support this effort. A couple of us have trained with Gabe, although not as a complete class of instruction. However, US PALM does fully endorse his teachings and wish to support any effort to further the doctrine.

US Palm,

You are totally welcome.

Doug

Doug Little

Suarez International
    Tier One Staff Instructor

Train with Doug Little

NRA Training Counselor
    AZ DPS Certified CCW Instructor
    CA DOJ Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
    Glock Factory Armorer

Armed Personal Defense website

I'll schlep up, and might have one or two others to pitch the idea to. Heat's not really an issue, but let's get past the floods and lightning strikes.

Pistol/rifle portions: I assume you want to limit attendance to those who've trained in the respective disciplines? Or can a pistol grad train on rifle?

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

Hi Doug,

My wife and I took your M4 class back in May and are in for all of them. It's great that you are wiling to organize this. We appreciate your effort and look forward to trigger time with you again.

Hello Doug, the last class I have done was the Advanced AK back in 2009. I want to take the pistol class in Dec. I live in Phoenix and I would absolutely love to do ANY type of refresher course. Please keep me posted. October weather is terrific in the desert- sunny, hot, and dry.

If all goes well and I can take your Oct 15-16 class, I will be there for sure. Just moved to AZ and need to get the training started!
    He paws fiercely, rejoicing in his strength, and charges into the fray.
    He laughs at fear, afraid of nothing; he does not shy away from the sword.
    The quiver rattles against his side, along with the flashing spear and lance.
    In frenzied excitement he eats up the ground; he cannot stand still when the trumpet sounds.
    At the blast of the trumpet he snorts, 'Aha!' He catches the scent of battle from afar,
    the shout of commanders and the battle cry. Job 39:21-25

- Cruce Signati

Hi Doug,

I hope all is well with you. This sounds like a great idea; please put me down on your interested list and let me know the details when you can.

Thanks

Simon

For those who don't want to wait, have you seen...

http://www.warriortalk.com/group.php?groupid=10

I started it to find people to train with but I would be happy to have more experienced people involved.