Kalashnikov Training in 2015
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Whats the deal with most of the Forums being set to private?????

Just curious why half of the forums are set to private and can only be read by logging in??? The other half are fine and can be read as a guest. Thanks.

I can understand why some of the forums have been made private. Now I'll have to sign in every time I visit WT. Before, I'd often read the posts without signing in. I've often wondered if the WT system could ID my Internet address anyway. Could it?
    KV Dysfunctional Veteran

They sicken of the calm who know the storm.

KRG - AKRG - AK 0-300 - AK Armorer - DPS - CRGX2 - PSGS - PSP - APSP - Shotgun - CPM HITS - Defensive Knife HITS

I would imagine that any access to somebody not signed in is just to whet their appetite to want to join the forum. Warrior Talk, after all, is a business.

Basically I see no difference between having to sign in in order to access a forum, and having to provide your e-mail address to whatever Internet site you want to send you a free newsletter.

To me there are an incredible number of examples of pearls of wisdom that make Warrior Talk worth every penny we spend to access it. For example this thread Gabe started on Norway:

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...ghlight=Norway

Al Lipscomb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kansas Volunteer View Post
    I can understand why some of the forums have been made private. Now I'll have to sign in every time I visit WT. Before, I'd often read the posts without signing in. I've often wondered if the WT system could ID my Internet address anyway. Could it?
    No but you can log in and check the "remember me" box (or whatever it is called) and not have to log in from that computer again.

I would imagine that any access to somebody not signed in is just to whet their appetite to want to join the forum...
    Or, to moniter the Thought Criminals.

I like having a place on the internet where we can speak our minds and not have it available for just anyone to read.

Its kind of a pain in the ass to have to sign in every time just to read others comments. I almost never sign in. Its not that I don't visit, I just don't sign in.

SomethingLazy

Re read post # 4.

If a log in is too much effort I don't think WT is the place for you

Because I want those that visit to register as members....not everyone has. About half of those looking at WT at a given time were not members. The price for reading the free stuff is registering.

Gabe will never ask you to donate more than one kidney; sign up. :):):):)

Choirboy

It's not "half" or "most"

Two categories is all we made private, I'm looking at some other options to entice the window shoppers to come in and participate.