Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default TSD COMBAT SYSTEMS GLOCK 17 MATCH BARRELS

TSD COMBAT SYSTEMS - MATCH GLOCK 17 BARREL - THREADED

We had so many problem with existing aftermarket barrels for our TSD Packages that we did the same thing that we did with the slides...we had our own made. We contracted with a noted barrel maker known for their extremely accurate barrels and set them to work on something suitable for our high quality packages.

TSD Combat Systems barrels are machined from solid 416 stainless steel, and then hardened to 41 HRC. These barrels hold tolerances to +/- 0.001" to 0.002" in all critical areas. Cut broach rifling is used, with 1:16 rifling, and a left hand twist. These are superior in every way to any other aftermarket drop in barrels available today and exceed the accuracy potential of the OEM units.

With good ammo, in a good weapon, and in the hands of a good shooter, this will yield one hole "tear duct" accuracy across a typical room, and allow you to wring every possible bit of accuracy from your Glock shooting system.

GET YOURS HERE
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Nice. I don't mean to be "that guy" but has any reliability been sacrificed for the accuracy? Reliability is why I like my Glock.

When will the G-19 threaded barrels be available?

Just out of curiosity, can these barrels be used in oem or other slides?
    Abortion is sacrificing your child on the alter of convenience....Adrian Rogers
    Soli Deo Gloria

Quote Originally Posted by Jesuvuah View Post
    Just out of curiosity, can these barrels be used in oem or other slides?
    That was my question as well. And, to expand, does the TSD slide do something for accuracy that isn't accomplished by getting the TSD barrel alone? I realize the TSD slide has huge advantages in the areas of durability/reliability.

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by markhousel View Post
    NO!

The increased accuracy is from the closer to nominal tolerances, more consistent bore diameter, broach cut rifling, as opposed to the polygonal rifling of the OEM barrel.
    The process of making Glock barrels according to wikipedia is " the Glock process involves beating a slowly rotating mandrel through the bore to obtain the hexagonal shape"
    I suspect that a careful barrel maker could do better with conventional rifling procedures.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

300LW Guest
    How are these barrels threaded, 1/2-28?

The rifled barrel, when properly made, will be far more accurate than anything polygonal. Case in point guys find an operational grade sniper rifle that uses polygonal bore? You won't. We researched this very hards. Glock takes a great dela of shortcuts in the manufacturing process. The tennifer is one, as you can do away with the need for good steel and a hard slide. The polygonal bore is another. Guys...those points come from an engineer that used to work for Glock that I contracted to give me all the details. Old Gaston intended the entire gun to be disposable and put a shelf life on the slide. Yes...nobody bothers with that because it is quite durable, but that shows the intended design.

A better way is to use a better steel for both and heat treat it properly so it is hard throughout and not just on the surface. The 17-4 slides do just that, and the metal is so far better than 4140 that there is no comparison. Do the research yourself.

The barrels are the same. These are basically match grade and not rack grade components. I know I am not going to sell a thousand of these, but that is not the point any more than it will be when I unveil the AK project. The goal is to make it better. Some people are not ready for better and that is fine.

Put the barrel in a Lone Wolf slide and you will get better accuracy than with a Lone WOlf barrel, but understand...putting a Leupold 3-9 on a WASR ten will not turn it into an SVD. Same with putting that barrel into a Glock slide. The accuracy will improve. We tested it. The stock slide is accurate. It is more accurate with the match barrel. The same dynamics are in play when you add a Bar-Sto barrel to a 1911 instead of the stock OEM Colt barrel.

Now...mate the match grade, better steel slide with a match grade properly rifled barrel and you have something notable. And something substantially better than the OEM unit.

TSD Slide and TSD barrel more accurate and tougher than the Glock OEM......without a doubt!
    TSD barrel and OEM slide better than OEM slide and OEM barrel....absolutely!
    Gabriel Suarez

Gotta ask---what's holding you back from making an entire gun? Or is the TSD Infidel in 9mm on the list of what's coming?

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

Making a slide is easy....making a gun is a PITA. Physically simple but the licensing fees are not what I want to tackle yet.
    Gabriel Suarez