Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Press Release - TSD Combat Systems Slides!

TSD COMBAT SYSTEMS GLOCK 17 SLIDE - RMR COMPATIBLE

The addition of the RMR Red Dot Sight to the pistol slide is a game changing evolution to the combat pistol. The issue has been in locating an aftermarket slide that was capable of surpassing what the OEM Glock Slide offered. Sadly, we had difficulty finding one that even came close. Every question has an answer and every problem a solution. Nothing is impossible my friends…nothing! I am sure we are all familiar with the phrase, “If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself”. Well that is exactly what we did. We built Glock aftremarket slides to our own specifics and and standards, which exceed that of the OEM.

I went to the aerospace industry were I would not hear “can’t”, but only, “how many do you want sir?” I went to the people that make the parts that keep our young warriors in flight over the middle east, and our satellites in orbit. I went to the people that know far more about minute measurements and exacting tolerances than anyone making slides for pistols today. And as I spent hours in discussions and as my stack of hundred dollar bills began to shrink, I saw a slide forming. A slide that was totally “drop-in” with no gunsmithing needed, yet to a quality that makes the term “match” sound ridiculously understated. And then of course, a barrel to match it, mated specifically to the tolerances and specifics of the slide.

Taking the two prototypes, we filled the Jeep with crates of 9mm ammo and drove out to our northern training area. Did we test them? Did we ever test them!! Think of two men loading 33 round sticks, while two other men shoot until they develop blisters from the radiant heat from the smoking guns. 350 rounds downrange through each prototype in a few minutes with no lubrication at all on the guns - zero malfunctions. The guns were too hot to hold in our hands at this point so we baptized them with a one liter bottle of Evian water. After the geyser of steam evaporated into the dry Arizona afternoon, the gun was lubricated and firing resumed. This went on for hours until the ammo in the Jeep was exhausted. I wanted no excuses or problems...just hard results.

Made of 17-4 stainless steel, at a thorough hardness of RC 46, to exacting tolerances by aerospace technicians, to exceed the match quality requirements of TSD Combat Systems, these upper end units exceed the quality, reliability, and accuracy of any after-market components to the extreme, and surpass the hardness and durability of OEM units, with an impeccable Cerakote finish.

Performance without compromise.
    Quality without excuses.
    Delivery without drama.

That is what has driven TSD since inception. That is what drives us today, and that is what we promise our customers. TSD Combat Systems – “Eyeball accuracy at room distances with 100% reliability, and first round hits at 100 yards with unsurpassed elegance”. Guaranteed!

These TSD Combat Systems top ends come complete with the Trijicon RMR, and all internals, a TSD Combat Systems Match Barrel, assembled and finished by our TSD Technicians. It is packaged in a TSD/Pelican Case.

You want the best there is? Its right here in front of you.

MORE ON THE RMR-SLIDES HERE

Standard Non-RMR Cut Slides Here
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

These are gen 3 compatible, correct?

Gen Three yes.

I'll go with understatement: That's really impressive.

Congratulations Gabe, they look beautifully executed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez View Post
    And then of course, a barrel to match it, mated specifically to the tolerances and specifics of the slide.
    Please give us some more details about the barrel. Is it manufactured by the same source as the slide? Does it have polygonal rifling like OEM or the conventional lands and grooves of an aftermarket barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by GRT45 View Post
    Please give us some more details about the barrel. Is it manufactured by the same source as the slide? Does it have polygonal rifling like OEM or the conventional lands and grooves of an aftermarket barrel?
    We contracted with a custom barrel maker. We gave them specs on what we wanted and they did it. Stainless, with a blackened finish. Standard rifling which IMHO is more accurate than the polygonal. Made to fit our slides perfectly. Amazing what progress will do. And you will not have feeding issues like those "brand X" barrels.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Any plans for a Gen 4 slide?

Will the barrels all be threaded or will that be an option?

Are the guts OEM except the barrel and would a factory barrel work in those if need be? Those are awesome in every since of the word!
    PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN! GOOD JOB MEN AND GOD BLESS!
    " Remember the face of your Father." - Roland DesChain
    " Don't Believe Everything You Think " - Bumper Sticker