SI 2014 Training
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I work with a member of the Aurora Club and will see him early wednesday morning. I'll ask him about renting.
    “Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9).

"Victory in war does not depend upon the size of the army, but on the strength that comes from heaven" (1 Maccabees 3:19)

Talked to him and not much help. I have to call one of the members listed on the website.
    “Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9).

"Victory in war does not depend upon the size of the army, but on the strength that comes from heaven" (1 Maccabees 3:19)

Tagged for interest.

I live in Naperville, but I'm signing up for Greg's training in IA because it fits my schedule and I like going back IA any chance I get... even though it's 4 hours away from here and will likely require a hotel stay.
    Last edited by IANative; 09-23-2011 at 07:34 AM.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor- Pistol
    TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Swisher View Post
    Well it just so happens that Mr. McCreery is a knife instructor. I'd say we should look into that.

Yes, these are pretty easy to arrange. If someone has contact at a dojo or conference center or even a small hotel with a meeting room, we can make this work. Maybe something around Schaumburg or another burb outside Chicago? Even if someone has a large indoor space on some property, we could make that work. Thanks for all the ideas!
    www.ohioppt.com
    Twitter @Ohioppt
    Facebook

I'd come over for a knife class
    AKA: Fuzzy
    Greg's Bio

Always entertaining, mildly offensive

Warlord of the TWOTU

Quote Originally Posted by John McCreery View Post
    Yes, these are pretty easy to arrange. If someone has contact at a dojo or conference center or even a small hotel with a meeting room, we can make this work. Maybe something around Schaumburg or another burb outside Chicago? Even if someone has a large indoor space on some property, we could make that work. Thanks for all the ideas!
    John, PM coming to you

Default Any interest for a knife class in Chicago area?

John, I will send you a PM later. I know some people who own a martial arts gym about 25 miles west of Chicago. I'm pretty confident they would allow an SI class there one weekend. Besides the WT folks, I think some people from the gym would be interested in attending. The gym includes a varied spectrum of Thai Boxing, BJJ, Judo, and Kali practitioners.

How does this sound to you all? Anyone out there besides Greg willing to come into Chicago for a knife class?

ETA: I recently took CRG from John McCreery and he did an awesome job. If he is as good a knife instructor as he is a pistol instructor, (I suspect he is top notch) all of us in attendance will learn a ton of practical material.
    Last edited by ElFed; 09-23-2011 at 10:21 AM.

Default Tri-County Range

I am a member of the Tri-County Gun Club near Polo, IL (Dixon area). I use numerous ranges in the Chicago area and this one is by far one of the best. I've used their ranges on occasion to run my instructors through specialized training and booked the entire location for the Illinois Tactical Officers Association sniper FTX two years ago. The FTX was cancelled on our side, but their rates were very reasonable. I believe the last quoted fee was $ 100 per range per day. This price may be for sanctioned LEO training, but I can certainly find out if it applies to mixed/private sector training if there is interest. About 90 minutes from the Aurora area. Feel free to PM me if you want additional info or help setting up a training date.

Quote Originally Posted by fiatswat129 View Post
    I am a member of the Tri-County Gun Club near Polo, IL (Dixon area). I use numerous ranges in the Chicago area and this one is by far one of the best. I've used their ranges on occasion to run my instructors through specialized training and booked the entire location for the Illinois Tactical Officers Association sniper FTX two years ago. The FTX was cancelled on our side, but their rates were very reasonable. I believe the last quoted fee was $ 100 per range per day. This price may be for sanctioned LEO training, but I can certainly find out if it applies to mixed/private sector training if there is interest. About 90 minutes from the Aurora area. Feel free to PM me if you want additional info or help setting up a training date.
    Thank you sir. John McCreery or I will be contacting you.
    aka cedartop

The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God and I will praise him, my father's God and I will exalt him. The LORD is a warrior; the LORD is his name.

Exodus 15: 2-3

Hi to all the Rochester CRG close. It's the Old Guy here. Don't know if this is the right forum, but I will give it a try. I was out with some other shooters a week or so ago, and they asked what I thought about the CRG class we had in Rochester in September. Apart from saying that it was the highlight of my year, one thing in particular stuck out. The guys I shot with were a truly class act. A great bunch of guys with whom I would be happy to shoot with anytime. I see where Denis is trying to get the group together, and I would be happy to try and make any "reunion". To John M and Mike S, is there any chance of having a PSP course out there of nearabouts this Spring?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast