The Suarez Method
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have not had a problem using my Glock 19 (or with the right clothing, my Glock 34) in an Archangel @ 1230. I am 6' 250lbs.

I'm 5'8" and 190. I tried an AA for a G27 a few months ago and it just flopped over my belt. I've modified an old kydex I have to go on the belt at appendix position and it works well. The holster is for a G19. The grip is about 1 finger width above the belt line so am I correct in thinking I need to have the lowered style AA? Just needing a little reassurance before I pull the trigger on another AA to go with the G19 I just bought today.
    If you were put on trial for being a Christian would they find enough evidence in your home and behavior to convict you?

Quote Originally Posted by Swab View Post
    I'm 5'8" and 190. I tried an AA for a G27 a few months ago and it just flopped over my belt. I've modified an old kydex I have to go on the belt at appendix position and it works well. The holster is for a G19. The grip is about 1 finger width above the belt line so am I correct in thinking I need to have the lowered style AA? Just needing a little reassurance before I pull the trigger on another AA to go with the G19 I just bought today.
    I don't understand why it would flop over your belt? I suggest you PM Dale Fricke and describe the issue to him, maybe even give him a photo. He is one of the most excellent vendors you will ever work with.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeG View Post
    I don't understand why it would flop over your belt? I suggest you PM Dale Fricke and describe the issue to him, maybe even give him a photo. He is one of the most excellent vendors you will ever work with.
    It happens because the length of the barrel below the belt is too short, I carry a 22 and a 27 both in the same long holster (for 22). The belly pushes the rear part of the pistol over the belt and the short barrel cannot act like a "keel".

Big dog club with AIWB reporting also. Can be done rather comfortably, play with the rake and position (12:30 to 2:00) and where do you adjust the pants (above or below the navel for example). Make sure the pants allow for the gun and holster, otherwise is going to be uncomfortable.

Wow... This thread inspired me to try AIWB...

I don't have a big belly but I do have one and I thought that it will prevent me from carry AIWB... I was wrong.

Yesterday, I took my MTAC and started playing with cant, height and position and finally found the sweet spot at 1:30, zero cant and about 1 finger between grip and belt. That particular area of my anatomy still needs some roughing but it comfortable and I conceal there better than at my usual position with the same holster (3:30).... Even my wife asked why I wasn't carrying!!!

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Awake View Post
    It happens because the length of the barrel below the belt is too short, I carry a 22 and a 27 both in the same long holster (for 22). The belly pushes the rear part of the pistol over the belt and the short barrel cannot act like a "keel".
    I carry a full size Glock 17. I would carry a little gun if I could be sure I would encounter a little gunfight!! The longer barrel is not the difficult part to conceal....the grip is. Many get a small gun with a small grip that they cannot shoot well with, then add a extension which can make the small gun more difficult to conceal. Not sure that is getting ahead? And, as noted above, the longer barrel helps keep the grip from rolling over the belt.
    Always aim to be careful and always be careful to aim! .......Lucius T. Fox

MOVE!! Fix ‘em, Flank ‘em , F ‘em up with ferociously forward dynamic diagonals. And don’t stop ‘till they get enough!
    Dave Sauer, Suarez Instructor

Our drills are bloodless battles. Our battles are bloody drills.
    Spartan Battle philosophy

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeG View Post
    Update: Bought the AA for my G19. Carry my G27 and G19 successfully and comfortably now. Still at 190 but moving toward 175.
    If you were put on trial for being a Christian would they find enough evidence in your home and behavior to convict you?

Newb question: I don't have a belly at all. I just find the pistol much harder to conceal at AIWB as opposed to 4 oclock. The shirt hangs loosely over the pistol at the 4 oclock position, and the grip is clearly visible AIWB. I thought it had to do with my skinny shape and lack of MASSIVE pectoral muscles.

Any tips?

Pectoral development is a good thing, as it lets the shirt drape with more fluidity....but I also noticed (yeah, I'm always checking myself out to make sure I'm not printing much...) that my posture played such a huge role in my appearance when carrying. I noticed that if I consciously made myself stand up straight that not only did I appear almost 2 inches taller....but I could actually carry 2 Glock 19's (one at 11 and one at 1 o'clock) without anyone knowing. My wife had a fit first time she saw it.
    Cajun Crusader

SI classes taken: DPS 09/18-19/10, PSP 11/20-21/10, FRS 02/05-06/11 KRG 03/19-20/11, ARG 04/14-15/11,CRG 05/07-08/11,
    TMCO 06/04-05/11, 0-5'PG 06/25-26/11, ACRG 11/12-13/11, VGF 03/03/12, ATM 04/21-22/12, 0-5' PG 06/09-10/12,
    CRG 05/18-19/13, RG 09/07-08/13, CRG5 0-5' PG 03/08-09/14

I was in a class with a rather thin SI instructor... lol. I went in knowing that he would likely be armed considering the nature and attitude of active tribemembers here, and he had a gun on his hip already...

Honestly, we were an hour or so into the instruction and he lifts his shirt to show an AIWB g19. It surprised me, until I remembered that the one on his hip was an airsoft. The way he carried himself and the style of shirt he wore made it really easy to just not notice, even though I went in kinda looking for it.
    One God, Yahweh.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast