Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What ever you do get it taken care of NOW!

I went to Good Feet and they fit me with 2 pair of inserts. One to wear around the house, the other to wear when I work out, hike or just go to work.

I've been to general prac docs and they get it wrong all day long. Get some type of insert and use them.

Results? I'm 43 years old, I can now run with no pain in my knees for the first time in over 20 years. My feet don't hurt when I walk first thing in the morning. And forget about running before I got these inserts.

Bottom line do something about it now, before it gets bad.
    Common sense in an uncommon virtue

It's about the SOFTWARE.......

Here is another opinion.

I used to run/jog a lot.

I have had a knee go extra sore for no good reason, tendonitus, sore achilies tendons, hamstring pull, hip pointer, shin splints, sore arches, plantar fasia, siatica, etc.. Not all at once, but over time you can expect them all to happen if you are a normal person, and press or do too much for your body and conditioning. I used to take two or three asprin every night to cut down on pain to help go to sleep, etc., etc...

If you run a lot, or overdo for your makeup, you will pay.

I am a firm believer that some are born with better bodies than others, that one can push themselves to where something will go wrong or break, and that sometimes, it doesn't matter what you do.

Lance Armstrong, I am not.

Patient: Doctor, doctor, it hurts when I do this.

Doctor: Then don't do that.

Doctor: That will be $60.00 for this visit...

I found that a plain firm shoe insert can help some. I also found that when one of these things happen, it isn't the end of the world. Just something else to deal with and get over.

If you are over 18, you probably are just overdoing some for you body and age.

Your body, probably is trying to tell you something.

Of course, you don't have to listen.

But then it may also sit you down on the bench for awhile, to show you who is boss.

A family doctor we once had, use to say when you went in for a visit. How is your ______ today, better or worse? It usually was better, and if not he would do something.

You will get better.

PS As an edit, I don't want to alarm you as 18 is a bit young for things to break, and your life as you know it, to be over.

I smoked for 34 years before I ran my 1st marathon at age 50. That's almost 20 years ago now.

Still think now and then about doing an iron-man.

Why in the hell not and even with a stent in my heart?
    Last edited by 5shot; 07-23-2005 at 07:57 PM.