Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I have a addiction problem

May 14-15, 2011
    DEFENSIVE PISTOL SKILLS Hermitage, Pennsylvania
    Instructor: Tim Cox

Hi Guys,

Ok, after buying 1 Glock, 1 .38, 1 ak by RD, 1 RJ ak from Atlantic and whole bunch of ammos starting in March, I've started to realize that I have addiction problem. This realization was confirmed after driving back home 400 miles from PA and wondering when can I come back and do it again.

Man, I had so much fun over the weekend in Tim's class! This was my first formal class in the art of gun fu. Past Wednesday I've realized that the class location was 400 miles away and not 110 miles as I first thought. Last minute lodging reservation and cancellation of my appointments on Friday was chaotic but the fear of telling my wife that I would be away for three days sent chill down my spine. At the end, I've decided to give up sleeping and dive down Saturday morning and drive up after the class. So, I am on the road 2am jacked up on caffeines (at least two kinds) doing 90... I mean 55 miles and I am all excite about the unknown and fear of making myself look like a jackass front of everybody.

The first day started out raining and thank God that we had great outdoor range with roof over our head. Starting with brief introduction of eachother, we started to shoot. Man, my shots were all over and could not cover my shots with two palms and two soles. Tim is a great guy and a great instructor. He was very patient and great at giving out encouragement rather than barking orders and embarrassments. After 200 rounds or so, I found my self hitting bull eyes during quick draw shots

The weather was worse on second day. Again, thank god for the pavilion as we were able to continue shooting 300 rounds multiple targets while doing misfire/malfunction drill and tactical reloads. At the end of the class, Tim brought out a special treats for us- all of us got to shoot ak47 and got a gook look at uspalm30 and the attack rack.

One complaint to Tim, Gabe and all the other instructors in East coast- why don't we have more classes available here and it seems like guys from the west and the south are having all the fun.

Man, I cannot wait for the next pistol and ak classes.

Tony

I tend to find myself checking Gunbroker every hour on the hour...lookin for deals..On firearms
    GCLAN

Quote Originally Posted by Tony71 View Post
    One complaint to Tim, Gabe and all the other instructors in East coast- why don't we have more classes available here and it seems like guys from the west and the south are having all the fun.

Tony
    It sounds like you had a great experience. I can't wait for our first class in Wisconsin. That's the solution to your complaint, BTW. Offer to host a class. You get free training for yourself, and the class is close to home.
    Joel F.
    Soo Foo, SoDak

"I've…seen things you people wouldn't believe…Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those…moments…will be lost in time, like...tears…in…rain…"

Tony,

Have you checked the Winchester, VA schedule? I offer almost everything here.

Jack
    "Most people find change in their dryer, I find bullets"- My wife

I will remember that if the monsterous creature is within clubbing range, it is a tight situation, and start clubbing. This is true even if my firearm still works. No reason not to club and shoot at the same time.

Whacking: The redistribution or impairment of biological functions intended to eliminate intercellular cooperation within a sentient organism.

Glad you had fun, Tony!!
    "May your foes be strong enough to keep you sharp"
    - Mass Effect

"Well maybe you just need to get a little tougher"
    -Gabe Suarez discussing the AK in the Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting DVD

Quote Originally Posted by GAR62 View Post
    I tend to find myself checking Gunbroker every hour on the hour...lookin for deals..On firearms
    Thats funny...I do the same thing

Hi Gar,

You are lucky man. Where I am (in NJ) most of stuff listed are not legal. I stop going to that site because it was just so upsetting. I've got two AKs coming my way and just cannot wait to shoot with them

Hey nobuck,

That's a great idea. Host it here or close by and split the cost with bunch of NJ/PA/NY guys

Hey Poke what do you think? I know you are far on the food chain than I but I am sure you must have someone you would like to invite, right? BTW, I am waiting for Atlantic people to ship my RJ AK out to my FFL. My wife gave me next few Saturdays off. We you want to meet up, im all game

Quote Originally Posted by Tony71 View Post
    Hey nobuck,

That's a great idea. Host it here or close by and split the cost with bunch of NJ/PA/NY guys

Hey Poke what do you think? I know you are far on the food chain than I but I am sure you must have someone you would like to invite, right? BTW, I am waiting for Atlantic people to ship my RJ AK out to my FFL. My wife gave me next few Saturdays off. We you want to meet up, im all game
    The main issue is finding a suitable range that we can use. Another is the right number of students. I've tried to find accommodations and the students but to no avail.
    "May your foes be strong enough to keep you sharp"
    - Mass Effect

"Well maybe you just need to get a little tougher"
    -Gabe Suarez discussing the AK in the Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting DVD

hi Jack,

Pm sent

You can count me in solid. How about fort 14? I've saw a training co. Renting and running classes. I've heard that they are uptight on rules and what not.