Default CRG 7-8 May Columbia SC

I had the opportunity and pleasure to attend the Close Range Gunfighting class in Columbia, SC 7-8 May. This class was taught by SI Instructors Alex Nieuwland and Chris Upchurch.

This was the first opportunity I have had to meet and train with Alex and Chris and I look forward to future training opportunities with the both of them. If you are thinking about taking an SI class that Chris and Alex have on the training calendar do not hesitate.

The conveyance of the CRG curriculum by Alex and Chris was seamless. When it came to the practical application of the skill sets we were learning a great time was had by all. During the class AAR it was obvious that everyone had a great two days of SI training and left the range a bit more dangerous than we arrived.

v/r

JD

Quote Originally Posted by Colombianito View Post
    Pictures????
    CRG1small.jpg

JD's the one who looks like Chuck Norris.

I'll echo JD's appraisal of this class! (that's me, front and center) Having attended DPS and PSG classes in Columbia with Chris and Alex in the past year, it came as no suprise that this course was well organized and well taught by skilled and knowledgable instructors. We are extremely fortunate to have such high quality training/trainers available in South Carolina!

A friend asked me to tell him about the CRG course. Considering my years of studying various forms of karate, I told him it was like being given all the information to get a black belt in pistol fighting in a two day period. A fitting analogy since JD does look like Chuck Norris !

Chris & Alex: Thank you both for everything! I'm looking forward to FOF in the fall!

JD & Sharkey: It was great training with y'all. I hope we have the opportunity to train together in the future.

Dave

Thanks Dave! It was a pleasure having you in class again.

Quote Originally Posted by Martial Archer View Post
    it was like being given all the information to get a black belt in pistol fighting in a two day period.
    Dave:

That's a good analogy! It was a pleasure to train with you again. We'll see you in October for FoF!

More class pictures.

Getting off the X to 3 o'clock:
    crg1.jpg

crg2.jpg

and to 9 o'clock:
    crg4.jpg

crg6.jpg
    Last edited by Alex Nieuwland; 05-16-2011 at 07:34 PM.