Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cz75

Default Cz75

after reading countless posts here, I have decided to daily carry my Cz75b. I guess what really turned me arid was Gabe talking about his aquaintence in SA who shot a whole buch of people with 9mm Ball. He asked what kind f ammo and the guy kind of like didn't have a clue there was anything but ball. He mostly shot them in the face 'til they quit being a threat, and it generallty didn't take too may rounds.
    I remember YONI talking about the same thing. Not much difference in 45 ball and 9m ball. Light 'em up, and they all pretty well get tired of fighting.
    I have laid down my beloved model 29, 4" barrel, made in 1958, with gold hammer and trigger, and am packing a Cz75b in a simply rugged Tribute. Two mags. (*my God, that makes me feel weird to admit i pack 49 rounds on a daily basis) I started training for head shots with my model 29. and then it just dawned on me one day......a good 124 grain 9mm, not even +p, will do the same thing.....
    I hve shot a bunch of animals in my lifetime. I have seen a few, maybe one or two hogs that didn't go down imediately with a .22 caliber wound to the head. I have shot hogs with a 44 mag, and a .45 acp. Bang flop. .22 Bang flop. I have made bad shots on deer with a 44. I haven't found any of them yet. I guess I will have to be happy training to shot folks in the head.
    I can't get used to a GLOCK, and I won't carry one. I am a GLock Armorer and I admire the simplicity, butthey are not for me. THe Cz, on the other hand, points like magic, and never jams, either. I once drew on a coon, about forty feet away, and shot him dead before I really thought about it. I don't think I really ever saw the sights until after the pistol recoiled. DEAD CENTER. That is why I always argued for revolvers. I can hit so well wth a smth n or k frame. But, I have gotten almost as attached to the Cz. I don't LOVE it, like I do my Smiths. I only have one. I have 6 S&W revolvers. But I am going to exclusively tran with it from now on. if I pick up a handgun to PLINK with, or to HUNT with, Or to just shoot to unwind.....A smth revolver. but from now on, all my serious training will be Cz75 centered. Or, I will use my KADET kit, when i get it.
    Herr Doktor Kindergarten Nra Basic pistol instructor Nra Personal Protection Inside the Home Nra Personal Protectoin Outside the Home Nra Refuse TO Be A Victim NRA Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor NC CCH instructor NCWRC Hunter Safety Instructor. GLOCK ARMorer

Like you I like my Revolvers, I also like my Semi- autos, Ruger SR 9, I shoot very well with, But my CZ 75 SP01 Shadow POA,
    CZ 2075 Rami Sub-Compact POA. The CZ's have a natural feel to them accuracy outstanding right out of the box. I shoot my shadow more with the 22cal kadet on than my 9mm. I have shot a Glock 17 and didn't like it but I carry my CZ 75 and my Ruger SR9. I even strongly considered a Glock 34 and decided aganst it. For the Glock lover that's OK, I'll stay with CZ.
    The CZ 75B is a great handgun I've never had a failure with mine.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Cz75 IMHO. I have admired them for years and actually picked up in Stuttgart,GE a few years back. My stepfather like mine so much, it migrated into his hands and I don't recall seeing it again. (Magic, friggin' magic)
    Yea, though I walk through the valley, in the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I graduated from Suarez International's Ultimate Combat Skills Course.

Carry a CZ semicompact. House gun is a CZ SP-01. Can't wait for the CZ P02.

Explain the PO2 I missed this one tell me more, subcompact or what and in what cal.

Uli Gebhard Guest
    CZ's are good guns - I used a CZ40B for awhile. Never jammed, pretty accurate. I could not get used to the grip (does not apply to the CZ-75) and to the very small gripping section on the slide. However, just my personal impression - definitely a good gun!

Quote Originally Posted by Terry1 View Post
    Explain the PO2 I missed this one tell me more, subcompact or what and in what cal.
    Basically a P01 with the omega trigger so you can swap between safety and decocker. I prefer safety so have no interest in a p01. They are available in Europe but CZ is pushing the P07 right now in the States here, so I assume that is why they haven't brought over the P02...

CZ's are terrific...if it hasn't jammed yet, you haven't shot it enough ;-). Any gun can jam, even a Glock (or an AK). CZ's are very reliable and I enjoy shooting them.

I don't shoot mine as much these days, but I hope to later this season.

Best,

Nick
    In order for the underprivileged and inept to feel adequate, the skilled and capable must be made stupid by decree.

- Gabe Suarez, 12/13/2011

“If a broad ban on firearms can be upheld based on conjecture that the public might feel safer (while being no safer at all), then the Second Amendment guarantees nothing.”

- Justice Clarence Thomas

Seems really weird. Still. I was shooting my smith model 14 the other day with some light loads i made up for CCh students. Some of them have never shot before, some have shot very little, so i start them with a few cylinders of 115 grain and 3 grains of Tight GROUP. POp gun loads. My Model 14 puts them all in the same hole from 25 feet every time if i do my part. My Smith 1911 Doug Koenig 45 is a one hole shooter too. Funny thing, the CZ is an ALMoST one hole shooter, and is actually faster to get on target than the 45. Fixed sights? used to make my skin crawl. I am getting used to them. Point shooting? ACtually, the smallish sights on the CZ are actually helping me there. Not quite ready to trade my Mauser for an AK yet, but I am looking.
    Herr Doktor Kindergarten Nra Basic pistol instructor Nra Personal Protection Inside the Home Nra Personal Protectoin Outside the Home Nra Refuse TO Be A Victim NRA Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor NC CCH instructor NCWRC Hunter Safety Instructor. GLOCK ARMorer

I recently picked up a CZ-75 B SA. The single action trigger is decent, but the safety is a bit sharp-edged and awkwardly placed, at least compared to a BHP or 1911.
    Last edited by Dr. Keith Seto; 03-16-2011 at 11:12 PM.
    Keith Seto, MD FACS