Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728
    MEP,

Nice land cruiser! I went the other way though in my smaller ride with a WRX hatch, and a Super Tenere
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    MEP,

Nice land cruiser! I went the other way though in my smaller ride with a WRX hatch, and a Super Tenere
    Thanks. I just had a V8 conversion with a 350 Ram Jet. I have been building up the truck for Overlanding. I can carry 80 gallons of gas, thirty gallons on board water, fridge and much more.
    Michael E. Perez
    Gentleman Adventurer
    El Paso, TX

"Ich dien"
    Classification: NONE
    Caveats: NONE

Quote Originally Posted by mep1811 View Post
    Thanks. I just had a V8 conversion with a 350 Ram Jet. I have been building up the truck for Overlanding. I can carry 80 gallons of gas, thirty gallons on board water, fridge and much more.
    I lucked out on one of the first FJ cruisers that TLC made for Toyota to display at the auto shows. Engine, suspension, lockers, racks, I think they threw the whole catalog at it. Ended up buying it one owner certified for less than the parts in the build sheet.

Lousy gas mileage (supercharged all time 4WD), but can climb a tree, and in Aggie colors to boot!
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    I lucked out on one of the first FJ cruisers that TLC made for Toyota to display at the auto shows. Engine, suspension, lockers, racks, I think they threw the whole catalog at it. Ended up buying it one owner certified for less than the parts in the build sheet.

Lousy gas mileage (supercharged all time 4WD), but can climb a tree, and in Aggie colors to boot!
    The FJ Cruiser is a very capable off road vehicle. I attended several "Thrill on the Hill" FJ Cruiser events as the only FJ40. It was amusing to be asked by FJ owners what kind of "jeep" I was driving.
    Michael E. Perez
    Gentleman Adventurer
    El Paso, TX

"Ich dien"
    Classification: NONE
    Caveats: NONE

Makes me smile to sit in it.

Privileged to serve,