Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mine in bold

Quote Originally Posted by Demon613 View Post
    Well, I've been wanting Bakelites for years but the cheapest I can source them is $55 each. Couple that with questionable US Customs interloping .......

The who gives a sh*t since you can't get them.

The TAPCOs are crap. I had high hopes for a MagPul clone with the USA Palm magazines but when they debuted they didn't have the metal locking lug or feed lips like was stated so I held tight on any purchase to let the "gotta have first dibs" people do all the Beta testing for me.

Says who? Some shill for those gouging bastards at arsenal? Some sh*tforbrains who claims he broke one on a rug? I dropped all three on video and the only one that still marginally worked bro was the palm.

.........reviewing feedback on multiple forums they do not appear to be as durable as one would expect of a "more than a range toy" magazine.

Bullsh*t.

I have no qualms about using inferior products when playing from a static position at an indoor range but when it comes to classes and bail-out / SHTF ready loadouts I want confidence in gear that will function correctly.

That is why my guys and I use the AK30 and nothing else. As I recall, the same BS was said about Pmags when they first came out. Magpul fairly silenced ebveryone with money and volume.

I didn't jump on the PMAG bandwagon for a couple years until I was certain the magazines were good. I bought around 30 and they're a nice compliment to my ~200 metal USGI magazines. Now I'm dangling my toe back in the waters with respect to polymer AK magazines.

Maybe you shouldn't

I want, but not without reservation. That is why I am seeking clarification and information from this, an AK-dedicated forum. I don't want AR fanboys on other forums telling me unrelated nonsense. I want straight dope from people that have hands-on use with these.

Then you came to right place. Repeating BS from other forums won't give it any validity. The AK30 is the best magazine for the AK out there today. Anything man made can break...and I can break it. If you break a steel mag, its gone and won't work. If you break a circle ten, K-Var will tell you to piss off. If you break a Palm, you get a brand new one. And even so, it will still work in the field
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

The only mags you can easily find(as in they are for sale in an actual web or store front present day) are steel and US Palm.
    IMHO this is the biggest selling point for them. You can actually buy them.

If you don't want steel mags you don't have many other choices.

Circle 10's aren't easy to find. The days of over-supply and places selling them for $20 a pop are non-existent. Only way you can purchase them is from joe blow who stocked up years ago and is cleaning out his garage.

My advice:
    Spring $30 + shipping cost for one AK30 mag. Test it for a couple of months. If it doesn't live up to your expectations, $30 isn't going make you miss a car payment. This is what I did. Now I plan on buying nothing but AK30 magazines, and the the hell with the Bulgarian waffles. Don't get me wrong, the Bulgarian waffle mags are the shizzizle. The US Palm AK30's are better plus available. MHO.

Grey Man Guest
    Why anyone would want anything other than an AK30 is beyond me, I just wish they made one for 5.45x39. . . wasn't there some guy on board that had one destroyed, he sent it to US Palm and they sent him like 3 back with a bunch of swag?

Grey Man Guest
    I bought around 30 and they're a nice compliment to my ~200 metal USGI magazines
    200?? Damn bro . . .if my wife has her way and we have 5-6 kids @ 30 mags per person we'd still have plenty of mags to go around with 200...

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Man View Post
    Why anyone would want anything other than an AK30 is beyond me, I just wish they made one for 5.45x39. . . wasn't there some guy on board that had one destroyed, he sent it to US Palm and they sent him like 3 back with a bunch of swag?
    A USPALM AK30 is nice, but I just got a few Russian Plum Izhevsk 5.45 (Aimsurplus!!) for $10 each which is hard to beat. First shipment was all Russians, second one as all Bulgy circle 21s.

Once the market is right, I'm sure they'll come out with something for the 5.45... like 20 rounders?! Or 40/60 rounders?!
    "May your foes be strong enough to keep you sharp"
    - Mass Effect

"Well maybe you just need to get a little tougher"
    -Gabe Suarez discussing the AK in the Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting DVD

Grey Man Guest
    just got a few Russian Plum Izhevsk 5.45 (Aimsurplus!!) for $10 each
    I bought 6 more bulgarian used magazines (springs and followers were nice) for 12 a piece . . .dang that is a good deal .. .

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Man View Post
    I bought 6 more bulgarian used magazines (springs and followers were nice) for 12 a piece . . .dang that is a good deal .. .
    Mine were in decent condition, lots of scratches and marks but no cracks. Definitely serviceable. I had a few circle 21s that were in excellent condition. A few had a lot of crud on in the followers, but nothing a little disassembly and a few squirts of fantastik didn't cure.

Couldn't test the fit though on my SAR-2 because the dudes at Red Jacket are working on it, but I doubt it will have any issues because it was flawless with tantal mags.

One bulgy had something scratched into it, probably a unit designation? Very cool stuff, I love the history of these mags.
    Last edited by Pokeguyjai; 02-07-2011 at 02:48 PM.
    "May your foes be strong enough to keep you sharp"
    - Mass Effect

"Well maybe you just need to get a little tougher"
    -Gabe Suarez discussing the AK in the Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting DVD

Demon613- Use the search button, its there for a reason.
    http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...highlight=AK30

Also stop assuming that a product is inferior because a group of people from other forums say they are junk because they compare the AK30's to what Magpul produces for the AR. The AK30 is Not, nor was is meant to be a Magpul copy as Magpul has yet to manufacturer any mags tailored for the Kalashnikov series of weapons. Some critical thinking and common sense goes a long way here on WarriorTalk as expected, if you can master both of those traits I'm sure you will enjoy your stay here as its a great forum.
    “Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear”

Grey Man Guest

One bulgy had something scratched into it, probably a unit designation? Very cool stuff, I love the history of these mags