Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I've used a Sparks Summer Special II a lot with my Desert Warrior. I like the design and have others for other pistols as well.

Minotaur Neutral Cant (Appendix Carry) Holster is the one I use from Comp-Tac:
    Last edited by John Chambers; 02-07-2011 at 02:26 PM. Reason: No links to non SI affliated companies.
    ...and when Night's Malevolence smiles at us, we grip our steel and smile back...

For many years I used Milt Sparks leather...but technology caught up with me. I will always love leather, but Kydex is better.

I really have liked my Kramer IWB #2 in horshide.

If you want to carry it AIWB, a Dale Fricke Archangel is my #1 pick. If you want carry in the 3 or 4 O'clock position, a Fist #14 would be my choice. AIWB is the way to go, though.

I have a Blade-Tech "Nano" IWB holster that I have used daily for the last 2 years or so. Great holster, wouldn't change!

IWB
    Kydex-Dale Fricke, BladeTech, CCC
    Leather-Milt Sparks/Kramer/Tauris

OWB
    Kydex-Dale Fricke, Blade Tech, Comptac. Raven
    Leather-Milt Sparks/Kramer/Tauris

I have had very good luck with the Horseshoe Leather IWB and Leather Arsenal for both my Hi-power and 1911's. Currently, however, I have been using a Blade-Tech "Nano" everyday with either my off-duty 1911 or my Glock 22. Love the "Nano" and am actually considering selling off all my other holsters! Imagine that, finding the one holster after all these years of trying....

I had a 5" 1911 that I carried at 4:00. I used a Milt Sparks VersaMax II, which was a great holster for my weapon of choice and location of carry at that time. I used that setup for 5-6 years and was very pleased. I liked that the points of attachment for the VMII holster were spread, making it very stable. Knowing what I know now, I'd opt for something more AIWB. But if I grabbed the 1911 and the Milt Sparks again, I'd be content.
    There comes a time in every man’s life when he is called upon to do something very special for which he and he alone has the capabilities, has the skills, and has the necessary training. What a pity if the moment finds the man unprepared. —Winston Churchill

I've carried a 1911 at the 4 O'Clock for over 30 years. Any of the Summer Special versions from any of the major players mentioned above will be good choices. I gave Kydex a try...Just doesn't conform like leather. I gave appendix a try...I don't know how anybody can carry that way all day and say its as comfortable as 4 o'clock, sitting, standing etc. I know one thing for sure...nobody can tell you what will be best for you. Everyone who seriously carries ALL THE TIME has a box of holsters that looked to be "the answer" and weren't. good luck.