Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by kabar View Post
    Holy thread necromancy, Batman! :)
    1gspq0.jpg
    Tigers eat sheepdogs.

You had me at Speer Gold Dot 158 gr. One of my all time favorite .357 loads.
    However, It beats the hell out of me when I shoot it out of my LCR.

Speer has a "load for short barrels" in .38 Spl. and .357 Mag. - check out the factory website.
    Gold Dot Short Barrel Personal Protection
    View Details Part Number
    Cartridge
    Bullet Wt.
    Bullet Type
    Box Count
    Usage
    Detail 23917 357 Magnum 135 GDHP-SB 20 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rossa View Post
    You had me at Speer Gold Dot 158 gr. One of my all time favorite .357 loads.
    However, It beats the hell out of me when I shoot it out of my LCR.
    A load that may interest you is Underwood's 158 gr Keith SWC in 38 spl +P. Wide meplat hard cast bullet that clocks just under 1050 fps from my LCR. Recoil is stiff but not full house mag level. Should run nice out of the slightly heavier magnum LCR.

I find it a nice load for a back up snubbie.

https://www.underwoodammo.com/38-spe...rd-cast-keith/

I been looking for chronograph results out of Ruger LCR .357 magnum on the inter web, I found close to nothing... Does anyone on here have a chrony and a .357 LCR to get fps? If not guess I'll have to buy a chronograph ,my LCR is gonna be my EDC for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by TXDMERC73 View Post
    I been looking for chronograph results out of Ruger LCR .357 magnum on the inter web, I found close to nothing... Does anyone on here have a chrony and a .357 LCR to get fps? If not guess I'll have to buy a chronograph ,my LCR is gonna be my EDC for a long time.
    Not an LCR, but I've run a few 357 loads over my chrono from a 2-1/4" SP101. Just as general ballpark figures across the board for similar bullet weights, top end 357 loads from that gun were very similar to 9mm +P+ from a compact 9mm like a G19 (but of course with a lot more blast and recoil).

$100 will get you a ProChrono Digital from Midway to find out for yourself. That's about the best buy in chronographs these days and it's a great unit.

coyotes and most dogs do not require heavier loads that offer the deepest penetration. In .357 i would go not heavier than a 125 gr wt. The hardest thing is scoring a hit. I would go for a least something like a G26. More rounds gives one a better chance of scoring a hit. Dogs are more likely to attack a human than a coyote.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes375 View Post
    A load that may interest you is Underwood's 158 gr Keith SWC in 38 spl +P. Wide meplat hard cast bullet that clocks just under 1050 fps from my LCR. Recoil is stiff but not full house mag level. Should run nice out of the slightly heavier magnum LCR.

I find it a nice load for a back up snubbie.

https://www.underwoodammo.com/38-spe...rd-cast-keith/
    We just got some of this, as well as the 158gr LSWCHP +P, in at work to try. Chief and I liked it so much we ordered some more for ourselves. Very impressed with that ammo. Shoots great out of my 686 snub, but it's a real heater in the ultra lite backup.
    Psalm 139:21,22
    Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
    I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.