Page 4 of 136 FirstFirst 1234567891454104 ... LastLast
    Bible reading, Gabes Christian Warrior (again), Fry the brain, Electric Universe. Computational Fluid-dynamic Engineering (just kidding).
    Is God Politically Correct? If not should you be? - F. Huff -- God is unchanging in His love. He loves you. He has a plan for your life. Don't let the newspaper headlines frighten you. God is still sovereign; He's still on the throne. - B. Graham -- No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority. - Robert A. Heinlein

Attack Proof, by John Perkins, and Arwrology. I'm appreciating the approach that both books take to WW2 Combatives. About halfway through Attack Proof, I think some of the drills are a little goofy. Again, though, I do like the approach in that book to basic combatives. I'll post when I finish and let you know my opinion on the entire system.
    Joel F.
    Soo Foo, SoDak

"I've…seen things you people wouldn't believe…Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those…moments…will be lost in time, like...tears…in…rain…"

Just finished Sandford's newest Lucas Davenport novel, Storm Prey...Virgil Flowers shows up in it, too. Just started Mark Greaney's, On Target.

A film critic I was listening to recommended the "Girl who..." films as compliments to the books & insisted that one should see the Swedish version of the movies before Hollywood remade them. I liked the first two movies & will eventually pick up the books.

The retro Clancy book was irresistable, and it was the first thing to go on the new kindle. The new Hunter novel's next. He frequents the indoor range I sometimes hit at lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by baznmel View Post
    Total recreational reading:

Dead or Alive, Tom Clancy's first in ten years or so.
    +1. Got it for Christmas too.

Bounce by Matthew Syed.

The Devil's Guard by George Elford.

S.
    "Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too." Voltaire

"A mile-long rationalization of one's good intentions will not obscure or excuse an inch of violation." Tom Sotis

Hound of the Baskervilles
    Just because you cant imagine it doesnt mean I can't do it.

Most people are not looking for answers....they are looking for approval.

Decision Points
    Hagakure
    OSS-Assessment of Men

Nothing enjoyable. I'm reading Counterhack Reloaded to prep for my GCIH exam.
    "Most people find change in their dryer, I find bullets"- My wife

I will remember that if the monsterous creature is within clubbing range, it is a tight situation, and start clubbing. This is true even if my firearm still works. No reason not to club and shoot at the same time.

Whacking: The redistribution or impairment of biological functions intended to eliminate intercellular cooperation within a sentient organism.

Proverbs, one verse at a time. Going through the Gospels, focusing on the words of Christ- in Luke at the moment. Just finished an initial cursory reading of G Sniper 2 by Sua. Ironically enough, "How To Win Friends and Influence People" by Carnegie. Over half way done with "I Am Not A Number" by Claire Wolfe. Contains ample amounts of her brilliant work regarding personal freedom. $$$ and other forms.
    "He who can handle the quickest rate of change survives."

-Col John Boyd

"Only he is lost who gives himself up for lost"

-Hans-Ulrich Rudel