Page 135 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3585125130131132133134135136 LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1354
    Quote Originally Posted by P.D. View Post
    There was a great movie about the Mau Mau uprising that came out circa 1956/57. I remember seeing it as a kid, and haven't seen it since. Scary times then.

the movie is loosely based on the book and they share the same name. Good movie, great book with many significant differences.
    Repetition is not truth.

"Hope is not a method and wishes are not plans."
    Gen. Carl Vuono, USA

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist."
    Charles Baudelaire

KRG, SUT, PSP, RG

On Combat
    Author, Dave Grossman

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

The Real Anthony Fauci- an absolute must read!
    Paul

The greatest threat to America is the “Sleeping Giant” not waking up,

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
    The Real Anthony Fauci- an absolute must read!
    Plague of Corruption, by Judy Mikovits, also required reading for what's going on right now.

The Devils Guard.... it is the nonfiction account of former SS soldiers that fought for the Legion in Indochina, and was successful in their efforts. Probably the ONLY group to have success with counterinsurgency in the postwar years through the 1954 French defeat. Probably just as valuable as War of the Flea, for students who wish to understand what actually works in counterinsurgency and gorilla warfare.

The Dying Citizen, VDH.

FUCKING GOOD. Listen to his podcasts, free on Amazon Kindfle. 65 episodes, no holds barred. Calls shit as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by glockamolee View Post
    The Devils Guard.... it is the nonfiction account of former SS soldiers that fought for the Legion in Indochina, and was successful in their efforts. Probably the ONLY group to have success with counterinsurgency in the postwar years through the 1954 French defeat.
    I read that book back in my Marine Corps days. It was a good book and I would recommend it as a good read for those that like the subject.

The Templars: The Rise and Spectacular Fall of God's Holy Warriors by Dan Jones. I love all of his written works as well as his documentaries.

Just picked up The Devil’s Guard. I get lots of good tips here. Levin’s American Marxist is worth the time.

The Assassination of Reinhard Heydrich by Callum MacDonald.

Liked the movie (Anthropoid), and was always interested in the history of those who fought back against the Nazis.

Four chapters in, and just getting to the setup of the Czech military in exile.