Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I recently killed the battery in my RMR. I'd been taking it off at night and leaving it lay on my night stand under my lamp. I've left the lamp on a lot of late, I just wasn't thinking... Sure enough I checked it before putting it back on one day and it was completely dead. It was getting close to a year anyway, but I'm sure the excessive light killed it. I still lay it there, now I just cover it. After replacing the battery I checked zero, and it was right on.
    diligentia, vis, celeritas

For what it's worth, I had Suarez International install a Trijicon RMR about a year and ten months ago. The only time the site was turned off is on occasions when I was going to be in Europe for a couple of days (three times for a total of 8 days). It is still going strong and the only reason I am considering changing the battery is because I've seen what happens to electronics when old batteries start leaking, even though they are putting out power.
    WA2WMR on QRZ.com
    ARRL Field Day 2012
    Hope is when you buy a lottery ticket.

I have an rmr that lasted about 2 years on one battery and just flaked on me so I bought another battery. It totally depends on the brightness of the dot as well during use. I have an adjustable dot and turn it up during the day and lower at night which helps with battery life too. I think safe thinking is to replace the battery with a good brand battery every year and it should do fine. If you have flickering issues, Gabe has a how to on what to do for that if it’s on a slide, which I’ve done and works like a charm, but dimming I think needs to be sent back to Trijicon for work to at least have them look at it.
    Last edited by TMAC; 10-08-2017 at 08:03 PM.
    No soldier gets entangled in civilian pursuits, since his aim is to please the one who enlisted him. 2 Tim 2:4

- I prefer dangerous FREEDOM to peaceful SLAVERY

-Discipline = FREEDOM

- Be HUMBLE or get HUMBLED

- Cruce Signati