Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Kind of fun to go back and read through the thread, first CF that I could call my own was an old Winchester 95 in 06, the first CF I was allowed to use any time I could was grandma's 50-70 carbine she kept by the back door
    All animals except man know that the ultimate of life is to enjoy it.

Samuel Butler

FACIEM TUAM, DOMINC, REQUIRAM

Yugoslavian SKS. Needed something to shoot coyotes with and bought it new for about $150 in 2003-ish. Cleaning that cosmoline off of it sucked...but it shoots good and killed a lot of coyotes.

Remington 788 in 22-250. Great shooting rifle. Still have it.
    M. Goffinet
    CRG-1
    CRG-2
    CRG-3

The first one I bought was a Ruger Mini 14. It wouldn't
    group in a 30 day chamber pot. I took it back to the
    FFL & traded it in on my first AR (Bushmaster), which
    I still have some 30 years later.

Dang. I'm 56 today! Ha!
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.

Happy birthday!
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

291. And a wakeup.

First was a bring back k98. First I bought was a 24-47 to save wear and tear on the k98.

Thanks!
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.

First I used was a 35 Rem 336 Marlin to draw blood. First purchased was a 30 Carbine from a vet that needed some money. (I was 14-15 at the time). First pistol was a Ruger single six, 22 LR for $25. Then Uncle “gave” me a M14.

My father was neither a hunter nor a warrior. Not all of them are. I fell into my calling I expect, in the same way that a lion cub realizes he cannot live on salads. As soon as I was of the suitable age and had my own money, I bought a S&W Model 10 Revolver for the princely sum of $129.99. And I paid for it in cash and with enough change that the cashier made a face. Soon after that I bought a Marlin 336 in 30-30 for slight more $159.99. My path was selected in life to the holy-water sprinkling horror of my parents. Within three years after that I was in the process of hiring for LA County Sheriff's.

First pistol I drew blood with was the 5906 I pictured here before...and I may use that in a class this year because why not.

First rifle I drew blood with was actually an SMG...the MP5.

And by now everyone knows my affinity for the Remington 870 with which I accounted for the bulk of my score.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

My first center fire rifle was a WWII issue M1 Garand. My father bought it for me as a Christmas gift at age 17 or so.

My dad wasn't really a "gun guy", and didn't really instill a warrior ethos in me, just wasn't his thing, but he and my mom didn't have any ethical objections to firearm ownership.

I think the next firearms I recall in our home were my grandfather's. My grandfather owned a variety of firearms. I didn't have a close relationship with him and in retrospect I wish I did. I believe we would have gotten along quite well He died of a heart attack at a relatively young age and left a single shot shotgun to me (itself being an heirloom from his father), his 1911 (Para Ordinance frame with Colt slide), and a tube fed Marlin .22 with a stock he hand finished. He gave my father a .38 revolver.

My dad later purchased a Sig Sauer p232 .380 pistol. A gorgeous gun, but a tad big for its class.

I was probably 18 when I bought my next firearm, an old SKS with fixed magazine and a folding bayonet, from a co-worker. I think I paid $75 or something. At age 21 I traded that plus cash for a Springfield XD - the original model - and went through my CCW class.

Probably more than you wanted to know but there it is.