SI 2014 Training

Default MBC Seminar Nov 6-7, Winchester VA

I hosted Mike Janich for an MBC seminar over the weekend and it was a rousing success. We had 20 students including a couple guys that have been training with the MBC system for some time. It was nice to have them in class to augment Mike and they were very entertaining to watch to see what nasty way they could inflict pain on one another.

We had a lot of newbies to knife in class and we started with the basics, which was a wonderful opportunity for me to review and reinforce techniques. working slowly with my various partners really honed things like body position and chambering. And it was fun.

Mike was on his usual game and presented an excellent seminar. If you have not trained with him, you are really missing out.

The group expressed the desire to have Mike out again in 2011 and I have already gotten a tentative commitment from Mike for one of the first 2 weekends in November, 2011.

It was great seeing familiar faces and making a few new friends.

Jack
    AKA G30Jack

See My Schedule

"Most people find change in their dryer, I find bullets"- My wife

I will remember that if the monsterous creature is within clubbing range, it is a tight situation, and start clubbing. This is true even if my firearm still works. No reason not to club and shoot at the same time.

Whacking: The redistribution or impairment of biological functions intended to eliminate intercellular cooperation within a sentient organism.

"We had a lot of newbies to knife in class and we started with the basics, which was a wonderful opportunity for me to review and reinforce techniques. working slowly with my various partners really honed things like body position and chambering. And it was fun."

I resemble that remark....

Mike was a great instructor who presented a lot of material in a way that was easy to grasp. I know I came away with a few nuggets that improved my knife/combatives skill set that could help prevail in an attack. Reinforces urge to keep training in all aspects of personal defense.

I for one appreciate Jack's effort to coordinate and plan Mike's visit and look forward to Mike coming next year. Class was good group of people interested in training and willing to assist each other any way possible to improve.

Absolutely amazing! A great course and I learned allot.

Great Course. Me and my husband both took the course. The training expanded our defensive horizons. It was well worth taking. We learned a lot and enjoyed ourselves as well. I was pleased to see another woman also in the class. Self defense is important for women as well and I wish more women would seek to increase their defensive skills the way crime is on the increase. Men get your wives or girlfriends involved too.

As a "newbie to knife" Mike's demeanor and teaching style put me right at ease. I was amazed at how quickly his instruction and system allowed me to build on the basics taught the first morning. The unarmed defenses taught were equally impressive to me. Of the various unarmed knife defenses I've practiced in the past, I never thought nearly as highly of them as what I learned at the MBC seminar. All I can say is "brilliant!" and wish I'd of done this sooner.
    Thanks Jack for putting this together and I can't wait to get my forearm pads back on for the next one! ( well mine were elbow pads actually... but they didn't work half-bad :) )

6. A big thanks to Jack for organizing the course and to everyone who participated. We covered a lot of material in a very short time and I'm confident that everyone came away with an enhanced skill set at the end of the weekend.

Thanks again for a great experience!

Stay safe,

Mike

Crap, I've been off the forum for quite a while and missed this, arguably one of the seminars I would most have wanted to attend as I carry a blade as my primary weapon 24x7.

Anyone know if there will be another class/seminar in the Winchester area in 2011? Including costs?
    The Way of the warrior is to master the virtue of his weapons
    This is the truth: when you sacrifice your life, you must make fullest use of your weaponry. It is false not to do so, and to die with a weapon yet undrawn. - Miyamoto Musashi

Shot placement may be king, but capacity is the prime minister. - garrettwc

Ehre über alles! Author unknown

Two roads diverged in a wood [a]nd I took the one less traveled by; And that has made all the difference - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Crap, I've been off the forum for quite a while and missed this, arguably one of the seminars I would most have wanted to attend as I carry a blade as my primary weapon 24x7.

Anyone know if there will be another class/seminar in the Winchester area in 2011? Including costs?
    We hope to do another one in November 2011 again. Cost should be right around the old cost, $350.00, give or take.
    AKA G30Jack

See My Schedule

"Most people find change in their dryer, I find bullets"- My wife

I will remember that if the monsterous creature is within clubbing range, it is a tight situation, and start clubbing. This is true even if my firearm still works. No reason not to club and shoot at the same time.

Whacking: The redistribution or impairment of biological functions intended to eliminate intercellular cooperation within a sentient organism.