Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The President pardons two Army Officers and restores the rank of a Navy SEAL

Not much in the News about it. FOX did report on it this morning.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/201...llaghers-rank/

In another article I read some Army officers (notice the small case o) complained about the Presidents actions. They say it will negatively affect discipline.

Quote Originally Posted by M1A's r Best View Post
    In another article I read some Army officers (notice the small case o) complained about the Presidents actions. They say it will negatively affect discipline.
    Are these the same officers that embrace all of the PC bullshit, gender/transgender/subjective pronouns, and inclusive non-offensive atmosphere that is the hallmark of the great militaries of history?

"Officers" are subject to the UCMJ and running their mouths about the Commander in Chief could get them charged with insubordination
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

Hopefully there's a senior NCO around to keep them in check.

With respect to the Navy serviceman, I don't think this decision was in the best interest of the Service or the US, but I do understand why it would look that way.
    Armed Puritan

Perhaps you would care to elaborate as to why the Presidents decision, was not in the "best interest" of the service or the nation?

Quote Originally Posted by TFA303 View Post
    With respect to the Navy serviceman, I don't think this decision was in the best interest of the Service or the US, but I do understand why it would look that way.
    This is just the opinion of a Vietnam veteran who survived Tet '68 and three combat tours. I don't much respect for the opinion of anybody who hasn't been on the ground and "in the shit" day after day, after day, after day so unless you've BTDT, I don't care what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by TFA303 View Post

Yeah....explain yourself????
    Cheers
    T.

"VICTORIOUS WARRIORS WIN FIRST...
    AND THEN GO TO WAR,
    WHILE DEFEATED WARRIORS GO TO WAR FIRST...
    AND THEN SEEK TO WIN." Sun tzu

Quote Originally Posted by SUA SPONTE View Post
    Yeah....explain yourself????

The Seal? Lets see, couldnt get him on icing a BG and did a conviction with reduction in grade for some war photos. A couple of my SF buddies came back after Desert war 1 with some great war photos, much worse than anything the seal took. Times are a changing I guess.

Good on the Pres. for understanding that when you make good killers, you get killers, not like any of the cases they were x-ing non combatants.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    The Seal? Lets see, couldnt get him on icing a BG and did a conviction with reduction in grade for some war photos. A couple of my SF buddies came back after Desert war 1 with some great war photos, much worse than anything the seal took. Times are a changing I guess.

Good on the Pres. for understanding that when you make good killers, you get killers, not like any of the cases they were x-ing non combatants.
    In the civilian world there are two groups of S's. What applies here is shoot, shovel, and shutup.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez