Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Duty Holsters for RMR Glocks?

Ok, looking real hard at doing this to a few of my Glocks but I have not been able to find any info on Safariland or Blackhawk duty holsters level II or III that will fit with the RMR.

Is anyone carrying an RMR Glock in their duty rig? What works?
    Think, Plan, Train. Stay Safe, Thanks.

Ammo

Safariland 6280 sls duty holster. You have to relieve the front of the holster (cut a slot in the kydex) for the RDS to rest in) . Did this with both an optima and a j.point and still had room for the hood to slide down and the sight to clear on draw. I still have my holster for the 19 I will try to get some pics of it today to illustrate what Im talking about
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Default Duty holsters

Both 5:11 and Blade Tech (makes the 5:11 holster) have the Thumb drive holster that wotks fine.

TT

There may be something coming from Blade-Tech specifically for the RMR Glock.....at least that is what I hear.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Thanks CC, Safariland and Blackhawk SERPA duty holsters are my two choices by policy so I'll look into the 6280. After you relived the front how was reholstering? Any hangunps? Can you still re-holster one handed?
    Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    Ammo

Safariland 6280 sls duty holster. You have to relieve the front of the holster (cut a slot in the kydex) for the RDS to rest in) . Did this with both an optima and a j.point and still had room for the hood to slide down and the sight to clear on draw. I still have my holster for the 19 I will try to get some pics of it today to illustrate what Im talking about
    Think, Plan, Train. Stay Safe, Thanks.

you can still reholster one handed.

When I first started using the 6280 it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Quick to employ (hit the release on the rear corner) keeps the top of the holster completely clear for reholster, and easy to reengage the security with the gun hand or elbow while maintaining eye contact with the grounded suspect.

Went to an RDS and found that cutting the slot in the front allowed the use of the rds (if you heat it and trim it it can also protect the front of the glass of your RDS when holstered).

I have since transistioned to the als system offered by safariland, though it required me to give up the RDS system. Slightly faster and an auto relock on the weapon when reholstered. Though I may go back to the rds concept since trijicon came out with the rmr sight (cant use this type of holster as the locking system intrudes on the area that would need relief to fit the rds.

still trying to find a picture to show you, gotta find the @#$ holster

Found the holster the 19 isnt currently equipped with the rds (sold to a friend when I changed holsters. but here are a couple of pics (belt loops from holster was salvaged for a new project) Also when I cut the kydex I hadnt considered using the "fold" to protect the front glass until it was sitting as a seperate piece on the table. Looking at where an rmr sits you might have to relieve a little further down the holster but it should not interfere with either the draw or the security. If you are unfamiliar with this type of holster the entire "strap" stays attached at both anchor points and rotates as a single unit to the front of the holster.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by coastalcop; 10-12-2010 at 05:03 AM.

GoldDot Guest
    Coastal cop.

Could post a picture of your mod?

Cheers Alex

Gold dot.

The pics posted are of the mod. The normal front of the holster would cover the rear sight in stock mode. It is relief cut approx 2 inches down. If one made the two downward cuts and heated the kydex they could push this flap outward and trim it in an arc to protect the front glass. Unfortunately I didnt consider that until I already removed that flap of kydex, I just wanted to let others who might be considering this mod know before they removed that piece.

GoldDot Guest
    Roger that Sir.

My iPhone browser didn't open them. Now I can see them. Thanks for the effort!

I actually think about modifying my SL6005 for Glock 17 with SF X300.

Alex