Thread: My Status

Default My Status

A little over a month ago, I asked you gentlemen how to lose this frelling weight and get back into shape. A month ago, you gentlemen pointed me to the PALEO diet, which I started. Quit milk, most all dairy products, ‘cept eggs but cut back. Bread has also disappeared from my diet. Try as I might, I could not give up my morning breakfast of oatmeal.
    Being a meat and potato man most of my life, changing to vegetables has been a big undertaking.

I also started AMOK training twice a week and personal work outs 2 other times during the week. I usually take the weekend off, but working out of town during the week, my wife has plenty for me to do when I get home.

I am happy to say that I have lost 25+ lbs and about 2” in the waist. My Blood sugar stays in the Good – to – Great range, and one of the meds that I take has been removed. My Goal is to get below 200, which I haven’t seen in quite a few years.

What has surprised me is that I have not lost any energy and how easy it has been to change. I am really enjoying the NEW foods that I am eating. Hopefully I will get the wife to get on this plan, so I am not tempted during the weekends.

Anyway, thought I would let you all know. And thanks for all the suggestions.

Don “Ho”

A motivating testimony to what dedication and perseverance can do for anyone. An old dog can learn new tricks. Congratulations Brother!!!
    Play stupid games... Win stupid prizes...

Great job! Don't give up!

Stay in the fight!

Congrats! Hang in there, you can do it. Grok on :)

Good on you, man, keep it up!
    Luck Is For Rabbits...!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr John Meade View Post
    As I am 6 weeks into my own fitness program, I can SOOOOOO relate! Congrats! Don't stop!
    Are you doing the same, John?

Wow... great to hear Don. Keep up the good work!!!

I'll be looking forward to seeing you on Thursday so I can say Congratulations in person brother.

S.
    "Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too." Voltaire

"A mile-long rationalization of one's good intentions will not obscure or excuse an inch of violation." Tom Sotis

Outstanding! But in my opinion if Oatmeal is your vice, you are a lead pipe cinch to win this struggle!