Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default new us made tactical handguards

Im pretty good friends with Garth Choate owner of Choate machine and tool. (friend of a friend thing) Anyway today he was showing me a new set of aluminum railed handguards. The lower has 3 rails and Places on both sides for one of there new quick detach sling mounts The upper replaces tha gas tube and locks on the lower with two slots plus 6 screws.

This is the tighest set of railed handguards I have ever seen. US made to boot. $ 90.00 for the set. He is having these made by a guy who usually only makes parts for big goverment contracts.

Im going to get a set tomorrow and try to post pictures.

They are also coming out with a quick detach sling mount that mounts between the buttstock and Rec. of the 1100, 870 shotguns, and Ar-15 type rifles.

He had them on his new toy. A chinese AK thats now chambered in 300 whisper with a YHM suppressor.:D

Would the lower work with an Ultimak?

And would it work on S-308? (with some dremelling of course) (This is where the praying to the Lord smiley goes)
    The trouble with fighting oppression is that most of one's time is spent defending the scoundrels for whom oppressive laws are first aimed. To win this fight, oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. H.L. Mencken

I woke up this morning sick as a dog. Im not going to be able get them for a few days. I was going to pick them up today. Ill call and see if he will just ship me a set.

Hey Will,
    Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. But I have to ask the question I'm sure someone else is anyway...Do you know if it will co-witness with a T1 or not. I realize you don't have it in hand yet but thought maybe he had mentioned it.

I'm really interested but need to make a decision pretty soon. I bought an ultimak from the for sale section here on the 8th of this month, but the seller has not delivered and wont answer pm's (curiously the thread has also been deleted).

I need to get something pretty quick for some up coming classes. I guess the next obvious question is any idea when they'd be available?

Quote Originally Posted by stater61 View Post
    Hey Will,
    Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. But I have to ask the question I'm sure someone else is anyway...Do you know if it will co-witness with a T1 or not. I realize you don't have it in hand yet but thought maybe he had mentioned it.

I'm really interested but need to make a decision pretty soon. I bought an ultimak from the for sale section here on the 8th of this month, but the seller has not delivered and wont answer pm's (curiously the thread has also been deleted).

I need to get something pretty quick for some up coming classes. I guess the next obvious question is any idea when they'd be available?

I was thinking I may just send them out to someone on here to try out. I have 6 BFPU aks and one sbr . I dont have an Ak that I would want to put these on. My go to guns are my uzi and sbr. I need to find someone willing to try these out asap with optics.
    He has 10 sets on hand right now.

Quote Originally Posted by will36 View Post
    I was thinking I may just send them out to someone on here to try out. I have 6 BFPU aks and one sbr . I dont have an Ak that I would want to put these on. My go to guns are my uzi and sbr. I need to find someone willing to try these out asap with optics.
    He has 10 sets on hand right now.

I'd like to give one a try if you're will(ing):D. I have a T1 coming but I have an H1 right now that I can throw on it. Anyway if I can participate just pm me. If not no hard feelings.
    JH

Tagged and bagged. Love to see a picture.