The Suarez Method
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This is a great DVD to launch your training in MBC. I actually taught an MBC seminar this past weekend in Omaha, Ne. It followed the MBC - Enhanced DVD as most of those in attendance were beginners. Great stuff!
    Martial Blade Concepts - Certified Instructor
    Kem-ba-tivz

Is this a good place to start for a complete beginner?

Or would I be better served by getting fighting folders? I can only get one of them for the time being, so I need to get whichever is best for a beginner to get some technique and to learn how to use a knife. I really like what I've seen in clips on youtube from Michael's stuff, so that is the style I want to start in.

4. Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrebel87 View Post
    Or would I be better served by getting fighting folders? I can only get one of them for the time being, so I need to get whichever is best for a beginner to get some technique and to learn how to use a knife. I really like what I've seen in clips on youtube from Michael's stuff, so that is the style I want to start in.
    Thanks for the kind words. The "MBC Enhanced Version" DVD is much more up-to-date than "Fighting Folders." It reflects the current MBC targeting system, which is one of the greatest advantages of the current curriculum. I strongly recommend it instead of "Fighting Folders."

Stay safe,

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Janich View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. The "MBC Enhanced Version" DVD is much more up-to-date than "Fighting Folders." It reflects the current MBC targeting system, which is one of the greatest advantages of the current curriculum. I strongly recommend it instead of "Fighting Folders."

Stay safe,

Mike
    Well, my journey has begun; the DVD is on the way and I'm looking forward to it after previewing on YouTube. I have selected the Be Wharned as a folder and a Meyerco Wharning as a fixed blade. Question: are there any recommendations for a trainer equivalent for the Be Wharned?
    Thanks,
    Rob

6. Quote Originally Posted by quiller View Post
    Question: are there any recommendations for a trainer equivalent for the Be Wharned?
    Thanks,
    Rob
    Unfortunately, no. Blackhawk wasn't interested in producing a trainer for commercial sale. The best you can do is try to find a comparably sized liner lock trainer from another manufacturer.

Good luck with your training!

Stay safe,

Mike

Thanks, Mike! I look forward to the curriculum.