Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default MMA Fighter chokes out Pitbull

Who says BJJ is only useful on the mats! LOL

http://www.cagepotato.com/jonathan-g...choke-btch-out

"The next thing I know, there is screaming and yelling and panic and the dog has gotten vicious and is growling. I didn’t even think; I looked over and I saw that the dog had something in its mouth and I thought for sure it was a kid, so I jumped on top of it and got him in a rear naked choke. I stood him up on his back legs and I put all of my weight on him. Eventually, I realized that he only had the poodle in his mouth,” Goulet said. “He wouldn’t let go of it and I didn’t let go of him either. I didn’t want him to get mad at me and bite me on my face or to hurt someone, so I finished the choke and he passed out. When he did, he let go of the poodle, which was hurt and bleeding really bad. Even after he passed out, and I let off the choke, I didn’t let him go until the owner grabbed his chain.”

Hmmm. Notice it wasn't a Golden Retriever attacking the poodle.
    “This is a war and we are soldiers. Death can come for us at anytime, and in anyplace.” - Morpheus

"There are no silver medals on the world's mean streets." - CWS

That is actually a good/ fairly well known dominance technique used with some big dogs, to remind them who is boss. I occasionally do that to my PB., when he wants to play too rough. Not untill he passes out, or even close, but just till he relaxes. He is 80 lbs and does not hurt easily, but when I do this, he knows he is toast.

The challenge with a vicous dog, is getting that hold with arms/hands intact. Some pb's do not lock up and not let go. They will manuver for a better position, like a bjj fighter. If you can get the locking arm under, and cup it with the other arm, the dog is done.

Amazing that he didn't get torn up

I've seen a lot of nasty dogs being brought out into pubic that just didn't need to be there. That guy is awesome.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." Winston Churchill

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." Winston Churchill

~Dave

I'm a little scrawny 145 lb guy. As a dog trainer I've had to choke out a dog twice (same %$*&! english bulldog) that had clamped onto another dog. It is my stupidity that I had to do it (should have planned for more safety with the dog) but if you know where the carotid arteries are at it is not a great feat of strength. And yes this bulldog was just as big and tough as a pit. Hope I never have to do it again!

Quote Originally Posted by William Carter View Post
    That is actually a good/ fairly well known dominance technique used with some big dogs, to remind them who is boss. I occasionally do that to my PB., when he wants to play too rough. Not untill he passes out, or even close, but just till he relaxes. He is 80 lbs and does not hurt easily, but when I do this, he knows he is toast.

The challenge with a vicous dog, is getting that hold with arms/hands intact. Some pb's do not lock up and not let go. They will manuver for a better position, like a bjj fighter. If you can get the locking arm under, and cup it with the other arm, the dog is done.
    If I ever have dog that needs to be reminded of who is boss, then his days above earth are extremely limited. Too many of the fighting and protection breeds are like that. I have known of owners of hunting packs to quickly kill any dog that will not work well with the rest of the pack.

Below is discussion from one breeder of traditional bull dogs in Alabama
    [QUOTE]>>>>Protection Dogs are now bred for Dominance and what trainers call "CIVIL DRIVE" (Man Aggression) . These are two things that make them harder to live with.. Dominance starts with litter Dominance, later becomes Dog Dominance and then becomes Social Dominance which makes them TEST YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN FOR A HIGHER PACK ORDER... That can be a Big problem ! Only Experienced dog owners can own dogs like this! This is Not what the Old Timers had in Mind ! THIS IS NOT HOW THE ORIGINAL BULLDOGS WERE BRED IN THE SOUTH YEARS AGO! They would NOT put up with dogs like that!
    The Original Farm Utility American Bulldog was bred for Prey Drive and Fight Drive! Both of these drives make them easy to live with and make them a REAL BULLDOG! Not a WHITE ROTTWEILER !!
    [/QUOTE]

Teeth of the Carr strain of the old southern "White English Bulldogs" (found in Georgia). These were originally farm dogs and are good with children and what ever pets or stock that belong to the owner. They are completely subservient to all members of the family. They will fight intruders and stop when told to do so. These dogs supposedly can rip chunks out of other dogs.

A dog off its front legs is like a man without his hands.
    "Four words: We win; they lose."

Sounds like the pitbull was doing the public a service. Everyone knows those poodles are up to no good!

Let me clarify::I don't have to choke mine to show who's boss, but sometimes we play/wrestle. He does not try to hurt me, he just wants to keep playing past the time limit, for that match. Meaning; I'm 55 and he is almost 3 years old. He just does not want to quit. I mostly use a light choke hold to let him know, it ends when I'm ready. He just seems to know once I get the rear choke,he can't escape, and he prefers breathing for some reason.

You are definatly right about the old south bullies, vs todays internet breeders. Back in the day a big PB was 40-50 lbs. Today the closest thing to old style pb is english staffordshire terrier. A big male is 35 lbs and they do NOT make good guard dogs but are still good for alarmdogs. These days they are mostly show dogs, and very people friendly.

The old south bully was techniqly known as Alapaha blue blood bulldog. They are considered a rare breed.