Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Honorable man.
    ďBe strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you goĒ (Joshua 1:9).

"Victory in war does not depend upon the size of the army, but on the strength that comes from heaven" (1 Maccabees 3:19)

John Chambers is offline Suarez International Staff Instructor - Retired
    Indeed! Amazing to me that some folks just don't get it. :(
    "IN ORBE TERRUM NON VISI"

"LUCK FAVORS THE PREPARED"

"So I have to take my beret from my head, and put it in my heart. I'm not going to put it back on until the enemy has them by the throat. Not until I'm fighting for the Constitution of the United States of America."

To Train with John Chambers: CLICK HERE!

HRO-5: Terrorist / Active Shooter Interdiction - 1/23-24/2016

CRG-3: Advanced Gunfighting - 4/2-3/2016

RGF-3: Advanced Rifle Gunfighting - 5/21-22/2016

HRO-2: Rural Patrolling II - 10/1-2/2016

Grey Man Guest
    Gents call it a very clever marketing scheme, call it common sense, call it loyalty, call it honor if you'd like but I'd just like to remind everyone that its most definitely in my best interests that OST and WT and SI stay around for a long long long time so do what you can

My remaining questions are. . .

1. the christian warror ST james cross sticker at OST . . .what size is that?

2. are there any resident SI supported people that I can order a barrel from in the future?

I know this is an old thread, sorry for bringing it up again. I have a Savage 10FP. I was using as a varmint rifle. In the spirit of the GS rifle I cut the barrel down to 20" and had it threaded. Is this too short for the .223?

Quote Originally Posted by Roninvalhalla View Post
    I know this is an old thread, sorry for bringing it up again. I have a Savage 10FP. I was using as a varmint rifle. In the spirit of the GS rifle I cut the barrel down to 20" and had it threaded. Is this too short for the .223?
    If it was originally the 22 inch barrel you likely only lost around 50 fps going to 20inches

No. The original AR15 (not talking about prototypes or other esoterica) came with a 20 incher.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

Nope, youíre good to go. What can are you going to use with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Hey.. Why not join the Army? It's free!!

Default Fixing it up how you want it

Iíd only shorten the barrel if you planned to suppress the rifle in the immediate future, not because of loss of FPS or accuracy but noise and blast. Taking it down a bit and threading to add a good muzzle device would be a vast Improvement .
    The market abounds in drop in aftermarket triggers, pick one based on price or looks or actual real world feed back and be happy.
    I can understand changing the stock for comfort and good bottom metal, how important is a DBM on a hunting rifle? Depends solely on you.
    And someone before mentioned glass bed your current stock yourself, and it always helps Accuracy never hurts it and if youíve ever used sand paper and or a dermal and mixed any bondo then you are totally capable of doing it your self.
    Iím at this same road now with a special /sentimental hunting rifle, thatís always been very accurate and some years ago I added a timmney trigger and cut a new crown and pillar bedded the action and its shot lights out, as in well sub moa out to 400. This round of improvements will be a 0moa base, a new scope- probably Athlon and a stock that doesn't weight as much as my plate carrier with steel plates magazines and patrol pack with hydration bladder filled with quick Crete .