John Chambers is offline Suarez International Staff Instructor - Retired

Default Combat Tune Up AAR

Just returned from a special private class that Jeff Lipa and myself presented to a group of soon to deploy soldiers and "contractors." It was a mix of CRG and ECQB Pistol, knife work, foreign weapons familiarization and AK gunfighting. We also worked with them on concealed weapons carry and usage, especially the advantages of AIWB carry and the Archangel holster.

To a man, those who did not own AKs are planning on getting one (Or more!) for their own use. They were also amazed at how the concepts transfer between weapons systems, i.e. being fight focused and not gun focused.

I can't go into real detail, but the men were incredibly motivated and they were amazed at how some things are done, Suarez International style. As an instructor, I was amazed at the level of professionalism and dedication that are the hallmarks of our fighting men. It was truly a pleasure to work with them and Jeff and I are proud that we could help them prepare further for their trip "down range."

Some of their comments:

"...Mag, Mag, Bolt works with an AK, M4, or my pistol. Keeps it simple!"

"I would have never believed that I could appendix carry that pig of a Beretta comfortably. The Archangel holster rocks!"

"I never thought that I would be able to do that with a knife..."

"All of the concepts transfer. It ain't rocket science!"

Class pic is attached, with proper modifications. :D
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by John Chambers; 03-24-2010 at 06:03 AM.
    "IN ORBE TERRUM NON VISI"

"LUCK FAVORS THE PREPARED"

"So I have to take my beret from my head, and put it in my heart. I'm not going to put it back on until the enemy has them by the throat. Not until I'm fighting for the Constitution of the United States of America."

To Train with John Chambers: CLICK HERE!

HRO-5: Terrorist / Active Shooter Interdiction - 1/23-24/2016

CRG-3: Advanced Gunfighting - 4/2-3/2016

RGF-3: Advanced Rifle Gunfighting - 5/21-22/2016

HRO-2: Rural Patrolling II - 10/1-2/2016