Default 1100 Tac Feedback

I have been in the market for a shotgun and looked at all the usual suspects - Saiga, Rem, Mossie, Benelli. I understand the keep it simple concept and am not into all the various add on's. Anyway, had looked at the 870's and yesterday ran across a NIB 1100 Tac at my gun store. I know its pricey (low $700's) but its certainly not out of range and less than the Benelli M4 or an E-TAC or similar built out Saiga. I can't find a lot of feedback on this shotgun other than its expensive. Any owners out there or thoughts on the pros/cons on the 1100 Tac. I am not a shotgun guy so any "coaching" appreciated.
    "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline."
    II Timothy 1:7

Default reliable...........

I have three 1100's, for over 30 years now. NEVER A PROBLEM.... Thousands, and I do mean Thousands of rounds thru them. By far the best Semi-auto shotgun in my opinion.... Yes, I own two 870's, there good, but they're no 1100.
    Buy it, and shoot it.
    all the best.
    vstardog

I have owned a Rem 1100 since I was 17.... I am 40 now and I still love it.
    Semper Fidelis - Always Faithful to God, Country, Corps.
    I came into this world screaming and kicking covered in someone else's blood, I intend to go out the same way.
    "when bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke
    CRG - 1x

I have two Remington 1100s now. One was manufactured in the mid-'80s and the other in the early '70s. They are extraordinary shotguns when put into proper tactical trim (18" barrel, short-LOP pistol grip stock, and mag extension). Extremely smooth-shooting under rapid fire. For a 3rd-generation shotgun, it would be my recommendation, far and away.
    -- Lil' C