Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
    Quote Originally Posted by twinboysdad View Post
    My simple opinion is having a blade with a point is 50% of the problem and having the will and ball sack to use it is the rest. Overthinking designs is mental masturbation. Don't use a Sheepsfoot. Have a point, be 3 inches or longer and it is a weapon. Buy a folder with a decent lock or fixed that you will carry.
    My three main carry knives

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Zen View Post
    Found a William Rogers on the auction site for a hair over $80. The quillon is stamped "William Rogers Sheffield England." Should be in my grimy little hands in a few days. I'm gonna blame you if it's as bad as the Nowill. Haha ... yeah, I'm serious. No, really.
    Just dont stick me with your new knife if you dont like it

Found a William Rogers on the auction site for a hair over $80. The quillon is stamped "William Rogers Sheffield England." Should be in my grimy little hands in a few days. I'm gonna blame you if it's as bad as the Nowill. Haha ... yeah, I'm serious. No, really.
    Just dont stab me with it

Quote Originally Posted by jlwilliams View Post
    I'm almost positive that Randal used D2
    Nope, O-1 carbon or 440B stainless. Got Randalls in each. Have had others. Nothing wrong with it, but D-2 wasn't on Bo's radar screen and tradition demands that Randall Knives keep doing things his way. Pretty much. Kinda.

For references Google Randall Knives and Nordic Knives for historic info.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

Nope, O-1 carbon or 440B stainless. Got Randalls in each. Have had others. Nothing wrong with it, but D-2 wasn't on Bo's radar screen and tradition demands that Randall Knives keep doing things his way. Pretty much. Kinda.

For references Google Randall Knives and Nordic Knives for historic info.
    Randall knives uses stainless n their non stainless is Swedish tool steel