Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    A folder worthy of checking out is the Mantis MT-5 which has grips that are amazing, like no other folder I have tried out.
    Qui Doscet, Disket

Noladishu, Karjakistan (aka New Orleans, LA)
    A good grip is critical.

A combination of G10, Micarta, etc. and good finger grooves, a deep choil, or cross-guard.

No matter how strong your grip...the muscles in your arm, shoulder, and torso are stronger. Even worse than losing your knife...is having your own hand slide onto the blade on impact.
    "Mindset without skill is simply empty defiance, and skill without mindset is mere martial posturing." -GS

"Anything worth doin is gonna involve some fluids comin outta yer body." -Seth "HM" Grey

RP 1085

Good little chart on here for blade shapes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade
    "Think stupid, stupid, stupid, and then think how that extends to every aspect of life. Now, as long as you are there, think about how you would rehabilitate someone that stupid?"
    -Geezer (RIP)

What you bring to the table goes a long way towards defining what happens.
    -dgg9

Default By this criteria...

I was right on, years ago with my Cold Steel Safekeeper II. Meets all applicable points (some were regarding folders).
    The best thing about this push dagger was unlike daggers in general, it had the blade and edge geometry to cut as well. So a vessel that may be pushed to the side by a pointier and narrower, this would sever. I recently learned CS is producing this model again, and i will be ordering one ASAP. The one drawback to this push dagger was the 90 degree edges on the 'stem' or whatever, which was just big enough to cause a lot of discomfort. I dremeled mine down last time. I wish they were bringing back the 5" model.
    All you can say bad about a push dagger if you are a stab oriented fighter, is legal carry issues. I got an Italian switchblade when I was 14 and EDC'ed it 6 or 7 years, never got the pat-down.Since I started driving have numerous times and thankfully never had contraband, folders over the supposed legal limit but these have always been totally disregarded.

I will be carrying this push dagger EDC and traing with it. They have a lot of advantages over straight handled knives and I took to them naturally. This safekeeper II model fits the criteria of these 10 points more than anything I know about, it owns on a few of the points

Why ditch a knife?

Or is it one of those "If you have to ask, you don't understand the answer." Type of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian49 View Post
    Why ditch a knife?

Or is it one of those "If you have to ask, you don't understand the answer." Type of things.
    Yep...
    "Fight with your spirit and the sword will follow."

Stupid can be fatal. DON'T get any on you.

Robert D
    KD7OPI

http://teckomando.tripod.com

Quote Originally Posted by Teckomando View Post
    Yep...
    Ditto!

Acetone does a pretty good job of removing DNA or making impossible to analyze. Or so I learned in Biochemistry (my degree in college).
    Not that I would ever advocate the destruction of evidence... cough cough.

Hey guys, I've had a waved Emerson for a while and when I draw waved, if it fails, I just snap it open with inertia. It's became very natural. However, reading all of this has me interested in fixed blades. I'm living in Tennessee where we can carry a fixed blade or folder up to 4 inches. Do you all have any recommended fixed blades?

Or you can just go with a bayonet mounted on a mosin...