Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Odie....We will be adding a few knives that fit the bill in my opinion very soon.

LOD, and others. Timing is everything. If you are dealing outside of arm's length, the initial acces point (hand on tool) can be done and then access made if any subsequent action is needed.

If you control the limb closest to your weapon with the other hand, you can draw and go to to work in a clinch.

The problem I see with alot of this close quarters extremes stuff is that guys try to access at the wrong times. Having the coolest knife is no substitute for hand to hand combat skills. If some dude is throwing a punch or going for a shoot, you need to deal with that. Standing around at this point trying to flip out your knife or even drawing a psitol is beyond the stupid and smells of over reliance on the tool.

There is a time for fists feet and teeth, and time to pull steel. Then there is also the issue of preemption by access.

Recently the XO and I were scouting for a new site for OST. One of the addresses was in a not-so-good place and as we pulled up, three hoodlum illegal alien types began walking toward the Jeep from about 25 yards away.

I saw them, drew my Glock 17 from my Ehud, did a quick chamber check, replaced it and then, as they stopped their walk with mouths agape, asked, "Any of you dudes got the time"? They began looking at each other with no answer and I began walking toward them with that CRG look in the eye. They ran like...well...a bunch of pussies.

Pre incident, unknown contact negotiation is all about attitude. Predators? No bro...YOU are the predator. In any case, do not make skill at tool access an excuse to live with your head in your arse.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez View Post
    Pre incident, unknown contact negotiation is all about attitude. Predators? No bro...YOU are the predator.
    Gabe Suarez...ATTITUDE TO SPARE. :D
    "Anyone too proud to learn is too arrogant to win a fight" -Gabe Suarez

"We should provide in peace what we need in war." -Publilius Syrus

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest." -Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775.

Quote Originally Posted by memnoch View Post
    Ill have to You-Tube my draw with a waved knife. Mine comes more up than backwards.
    My post probably wasn't clear. What I meant was that when drawing a waved folder along the rear pocket seam into a standard forward grip, the hand/arm travels rearward. When drawing into Pikal, the knife does travel upwards and forward.
    **Mike Ronin on FaceBook**

**Spero optimus instruo pro pessimus**

**Out of destruction rises opportunity. We are only defeated when we give up. Never, ever give up. (Phil 4:13)**

If you have that...and that is what is needed in any weapon access, it won't matter whether you have it or not. I am working with a Waved Endura at present and I will see what I work up.

In any case...as some may have guessed...there will be some very interesting (and caveman violent) knife material coming out very soon.
    I look forward to that, and your impressions of the waved Endura after playing with it for a while. I may re-evaluate and give it another try if it seems workable in FOF accessing scenarios.
    **Mike Ronin on FaceBook**

**Spero optimus instruo pro pessimus**

**Out of destruction rises opportunity. We are only defeated when we give up. Never, ever give up. (Phil 4:13)**

Here is the link

I've been running the Endura for a week now and my draw goes UP (poised for a good downward hard stab), not down and back. I think McCann's objections may be to draw to a forward grip. Since what I am working on has no defensive applications (snap cut and defanging) I find more and more affinity for reverse grip.
    Gabriel Suarez

I am looking forward to the knife material as well.

I watched a knife vid that was made by the "gun mafia" people you often speak of...it bout made me laugh...actually I did laugh. The stance was just HILARIOUS.

Here is the link

I've been running the Endura for a week now and my draw goes UP (poised for a good downward hard stab), not down and back. I think McCann's objections may be to draw to a forward grip. Since what I am working on has no defensive applications (snap cut and defanging) I find more and more affinity for reverse grip.
    I am thinking bout picking one up...but have a few question. Gabe, does that thing lock up pretty tight and solid? What generation of the Endura do you sell? I have heard bad things about the early ones.
    Last edited by Matthew Sweeney; 07-03-2009 at 06:51 PM.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest." -Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775.

All the ones I sell are latest generation
    Gabriel Suarez

Thanks Gabe.
    How would you stack the Waved Endura up against other knives such as the Cold Steel X2 Voyager or the Sog Spec Elite II? I am considering all three of these now.
    My normal carry piece is a Cold Steel Recon 1 and I also sometimes carry a 4 inch Cold Steel Ti-Lite for a backup knife.

I see a lot of endorsements for the Spydercos here. What do you think of the SOG Aegis? http://sogknives.com/store/AE-02.html

Yes, assisted openers are legal here.
    So are fixed blades, which I normally carry, but sometimes concealability is called for, or if I'm at work, they don't really care if you have a folder, of any size, but consider a fixed blade a weapon.

http://www.mnsi.net/~nbtnoel/

The link above is for On-Scene Tactical. Sheaths for waved Enduras and Delicas. The knife pretty much flies open coming out of their sheaths.

I have one, but have not done any FOF with it.
    "The price of excellence is discipline. The cost of mediocrity is disappointment." - William A. Ward