Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    It's not easy to kill or even put a blade through someones flesh. Sharp as F*** and Pointy as F*** is your friend. Gabe hit it spot on.
    I have seen more men die by box cutter than by a fancy blade. You can get good practice by sticking a pig.

lots of speculation in knife types me i do bail recovery been cut twice in seventeen yrs and dog bit once had two guns pulled on me both of those by mistake they were happy to have us haul off the trash,hey you got people lurking in your house you pull ''yes i'll show you some stinking badges'' ok he's in that room thanks ,rain,shine dark,cold ,daylight,we are coming in easy,or hard way you are going back to court period,most times the defendant is just waiting for a ride it's that small batch of stupid that makes the work dicey,but interesting,it's why the toolbox contains a microtech halo 4 in a neck chain sheath[might rethink that though] and a otanashi yo ken from crkt hip pocket below a colt commander at 4 o'clock sometime even a tripleA vest ,and a 24 in.asp type baton,pepper spray [hate that crap gets everywhere] goes in the mix [had a SFpd cop loan 2 of us vests 1 night and tell us not to shoot him by accident his partner was actually this odd color purple when he saw all our gear but it turned out he was jr and silent ,i digress ,the crkt is a kind of a beater and would meet most of the criteria but no wave though proven and useful i think some find it gimmicky[their loss ]but i like the crkt the halo is a beautiful piece of equipment but has legal problems in cali.out of site out of ......but it's susceptible to lint [tight tolerances]and must be carried in the kydex ,but during a scuffle,while doing a some ground drills i noted it in a arm pit off side and unreachable one taser touch by my associate and are subject was on his way,[and yes it does smart some if your touching someone being tasered]

Quote Originally Posted by danite View Post
    lots of speculation in knife types me i do bail recovery been cut twice in seventeen yrs and dog bit once had two guns pulled on me both of those by mistake they were happy to have us haul off the trash,hey you got people lurking in your house you pull ''yes i'll show you some stinking badges'' ok he's in that room thanks ,rain,shine dark,cold ,daylight,we are coming in easy,or hard way you are going back to court period,most times the defendant is just waiting for a ride it's that small batch of stupid that makes the work dicey,but interesting,it's why the toolbox contains a microtech halo 4 in a neck chain sheath[might rethink that though] and a otanashi yo ken from crkt hip pocket below a colt commander at 4 o'clock sometime even a tripleA vest ,and a 24 in.asp type baton,pepper spray [hate that crap gets everywhere] goes in the mix [had a SFpd cop loan 2 of us vests 1 night and tell us not to shoot him by accident his partner was actually this odd color purple when he saw all our gear but it turned out he was jr and silent ,i digress ,the crkt is a kind of a beater and would meet most of the criteria but no wave though proven and useful i think some find it gimmicky[their loss ]but i like the crkt the halo is a beautiful piece of equipment but has legal problems in cali.out of site out of ......but it's susceptible to lint [tight tolerances]and must be carried in the kydex ,but during a scuffle,while doing a some ground drills i noted it in a arm pit off side and unreachable one taser touch by my associate and are subject was on his way,[and yes it does smart some if your touching someone being tasered]
    I think there may be some good information in there, but please take this in the right way: Paragraphs and line spaces are your friend.

ML

Quote Originally Posted by ArmedAmerican View Post
    Do you all have any recommended fixed blades?
    I only carry Emersons in all flavors. When I carry a fixed blade I see no reason to look beyond our own GnS. Just me.
    "The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail...the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation" Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

"When Your Time Comes To Die. Be Not Like Those Whose Hearts Are Filled With Fear Of Death. So When Their Time Comes They Weep And Pray For A Little More Time To Live Their Lives Over Again In A Different Way.
    SING YOUR DEATH SONG AND DIE LIKE A HERO GOING HOME" Tecumseh

John Chambers is offline Suarez International Staff Instructor - Retired
    Yet another hapless victim of outcome based education...

Quote Originally Posted by Mushinto View Post
    I think there may be some good information in there, but please take this in the right way: Paragraphs and line spaces are your friend.

ML
    "IN ORBE TERRUM NON VISI"

"LUCK FAVORS THE PREPARED"

"So I have to take my beret from my head, and put it in my heart. I'm not going to put it back on until the enemy has them by the throat. Not until I'm fighting for the Constitution of the United States of America."

To Train with John Chambers: CLICK HERE!

HRO-5: Terrorist / Active Shooter Interdiction - 1/23-24/2016

CRG-3: Advanced Gunfighting - 4/2-3/2016

RGF-3: Advanced Rifle Gunfighting - 5/21-22/2016

HRO-2: Rural Patrolling II - 10/1-2/2016

Quote Originally Posted by ss58 View Post
    I only carry Emersons in all flavors. When I carry a fixed blade I see no reason to look beyond our own GnS. Just me.
    Same here. Emerson folders all the way, and SI brand fixed blade stickers.

I carry the Gang Unit because I frequent NPE's, but quite frankly, I think carrying the GnS AIWB would work just as well. Not much need to carry anything else.
    Isaiah 54:17

Deus dea traballo, dixo o enterrador.