Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I carry my Coldsteel AK-47 with me all the time. I love this knife....
    Buy a gun today, Tomorrow may be to late!!
    Always check your six
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Tripletap3 View Post
    I carry my Coldsteel AK-47 with me all the time. I love this knife....
    I've got one too! Very hefty.

On stabbing HARD. From experience, knives can get stuck in bone.

From experience, knives stuck in bone make GREAT leverage points, so like Gabe pointed out, hold on tight.

Gabe great thread! +10 on #10 my EDC/EDU is a Kershaw Boa....6+years of daily use and still going strong!
    For he will command his angels concerning you, to guard you in all your ways; Psalm 91:11

Very practical and important points.However,i do go about with a 7" pig sticker most days,so #4 is pretty much out the window :)

This is true reality: Point no. 1). "A fighting is knife is fueled by rage and ferocity, not by cleverness and showmanship." Good point to remember and to start in a knife fight.
    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity. But I knew none, and therefore am no beast. Richard III William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandru View Post
    This is true reality: Point no. 1). "A fighting is knife is fueled by rage and ferocity, not by cleverness and showmanship." Good point to remember and to start in a knife fight.
    Yes indeed, and a good resurrection to what was a great thread.

My carry options have changed several times over the years, but remains similar to my OP back in '09. I still have the waved Delica and like it a lot for LF pocket carry. I have the Blackhawk Be-Wharned I talked about then and like it a lot, but don't often carry it. I have been carrying a Spyderco Military as my main folder, but have an Endura 4 ordered that will be here this week. The Endura (non-waved) will become my main carry folder. I've had several over the years, and in my minimalist approach to everything that I am moving toward, fits within that paradigm. Very lightweight, yet exceptionally sharp and strong, and inexpensive enough that if lost is not a big deal.

With the acquisition of the Endura, I will have a waved Delica, non-waved Delica, and Endura for my main usage knives. I like those choices, and they fit well with what I want to accomplish.
    **Mike Ronin on FaceBook**

**Spero optimus instruo pro pessimus**

**Out of destruction rises opportunity. We are only defeated when we give up. Never, ever give up. (Phil 4:13)**

I have been carrying a Spyderco Police II pain edge as folder since three years anywhere, anytime. For personal defense, his blade lenght is enough. Before I' ve tried as folders: Spyderco Miltry, Smith & Wesson, Sog, etc. In fact dosen't matter who knife we wear it... you know, it is about software no abot hardware. When I travel in the mountain area I have a rat esse 6. Before the rat 6, I've used Mark2 Gerber, ka bar.
    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity. But I knew none, and therefore am no beast. Richard III William Shakespeare

Old thread and Im new here- love the content, love that Ive found a place of like minded folks! The knife is special to me, great great , great and both grand fathers were knife makers; have examples of all their work, my unit in the Corps was the descendent of a WW2 Marine Raider unit, the Knife was as vital as boots or a rifle, in my everyday life at least 3 blades are where I want them to be and in easy reach. Having survived and seen knife and machete attacks I can state as some of you know and the honcho here States there was no form and fancy work by the aggressors or the winners just violence and rage and speed.

And one more point; dull they are less than useless!

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. Adams View Post
    I've got one too! Very hefty.
    Im more of a GI Tanto kind of guy!
    Rock on!

Sent from BlackBerry KeyOne