Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Exclamation Subject Matter Experts Wanted

I may have a contact for work for subject matter experts in various survival related areas such as

Backwoods survival
    Hunting and Food Gathering
    Food Storage & Prep
    Fuel Storage
    Water Storage
    Medical (including but beyong simply pouring on Quick CLot)

Anything else in the genre I have not listed -

Applicants must have credentials of prior teaching (having done it once or twice is not a credential) and the ability to make a presentation covering all points in a clean well spoken manner, both in lecture and demonstration.

Do not PM or email. Reply in this thread with your specialty and interest and we will contact you.
    Gabriel Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez View Post
    Medical (including but beyong simply pouring on Quick CLot)
    Anything else in the genre I have not listed -

Applicants must have credentials of prior teaching (having done it once or twice is not a credential) and the ability to make a presentation covering all points in a clean well spoken manner, both in lecture and demonstration.
    As Richard knows, I have a PhD in epidemiology from a top institution and with a focus in injury research. I have ten years of lecture experience teaching health science and medical research methods to graduate students and advanced undergraduates.
    Last edited by lilc; 02-15-2009 at 10:05 AM.
    -- Lil' C

Gabe,

Have you considered Ferfal from "Surviving in Argentina?" He would be a great guest speaker for the Warrior Skills camp.
    ďOut of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.Ē ― Heraclitus

The Spartans never asked how many of the enemy there were, only where they could find them.

Quote Originally Posted by lilc View Post
    As Richard knows, I have a PhD in epidemiology from a top institution and with a focus in injury research. I have ten years of lecture experience teaching health science and medical research methods to graduate students and advanced undergraduates.
    Intelligent, learned, credentialed, experienced, eloquent, professional, able to adapt the material to the intended audience and very presentable appearance...yeah, that pretty much sums up Lil'C! And, he likes gunzzz. :D
    RICHARD COPLIN

Hi Gabe,
    I live in Buenos Aires ( Lomas de Zamora) and I’ve been writing about urban daily survival post economic crisis since 2002. I’m 30, have a wife and two kids.
    Here’s my blog if you want to take a look:
    Surviving in Argentina

Kind of messy to explain in few words but these are things that go from personal security ( mostly avoiding getting into gunfights in the first place, which is good for your health:D), finding a job and make money to pay the bills when there’s 25% unemployment, how to drive when no one obeys traffic lights after 10 PM and carjacks occur often, keeping essential gear at home and the necessary mindset changes required during hard times just to name a couple of the most obvious things.
    For example this morning(working on a book), I was writing a chapter regarding people’s weakest link in terms of security: Your kids and wife.

You can shape yourself into being pretty badass with training and mindset ( for real, not just a wannabe) but a phone call from your kid/wife saying they’ve been kidnapped, or arriving home and finding the bag guys already there with a gun to your loved ones head, that put things into perspective. (Baigorria says to take the shot and shoot the badguy in the head and I agree with him)
    Still, needs to be addressed in my opinion and there are things you can do.

I’ve taken defensive shooting classes with “El Negro” Baigorria, your instructor in Argentina. Still need to take “modulo3”.
    Also took hand to hand fighting with other instructors. Boxed for some time many years ago and now do tai boxing and BJJ floor fighting.

Unfortunately my teacher credentials are oriented towards 3rd year Architecture Representation, drawing and sketching.:)
    Not gun or survival related but my students tend to like me and do as I say… after a couple slaps. :DJust kidding, I don’t harm them physically… just destroy their egos so they’ll listen.

I don’t know how many people would be interested in these kind of experiences, but there’s a fair number of visitors to my blog each day ( thanks guys, by the way)

There’s a bit more I could tell you about me but if you are interested I’d rather do it through email or PM, or we can talk on the phone.

Take care and please let me know if you are interested.

FerFAL

Gabe, I have a bunch of old knowledge and darn little ability to apply it.

I am a stroke damaged, retired lawyer with great old knowledge. I have no idea what I had for breakfast after Mass today.

Bounce me a PM if you think I can help.

I am not looking for any pay. This site has enriched my life. If we should meet the first beer is one me.

Choirboy

Quote Originally Posted by FerFAL View Post
    Hi Gabe,
    I live in Buenos Aires ( Lomas de Zamora) and Iíve been writing about urban daily survival post economic crisis since 2002. Iím 30, have a wife and two kids.
    Hereís my blog if you want to take a look:
    Surviving in Argentina

I donít know how many people would be interested in these kind of experiences, but thereís a fair number of visitors to my blog each day ( thanks guys, by the way)
    You just got one more. I added your RSS feed to my reader.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Swain View Post
    You just got one more. I added your RSS feed to my reader.
    I have been reading FerFAL's work for some time now. Always very interesting, informed, and proven in the real world.
    -- Lil' C

Gabe,

I have professional instructing experience on related subjects. I'd be interested in finding out more details by PM or email. I can also send details of my quals/experience.

a few things about:

backwoods survival & herbal medicine
    engine and vehicles fabrication (welding metal work)
    electrical systems end engineering
    modern secure communications
    organizational structure

and some other spooky stuff.
    ( who do you think wrote some of your spook curriculum ..)
    Last edited by Vinnie Moscaritolo; 03-10-2009 at 10:02 PM.