Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up CRG-2.7&8.08 LA, CA Uli Gebhard

Another great class from Uli. The students were excellent. Very safe and really applying all the information that was being given to them. They were a great group.

Corinna and I were fortunate enough to get up to the range for some of today's shooting and we were amazed with the entire class.

Oh yeah...and the weather sucked but the students kept their focus and trooped on.

Well done folks!
    Last edited by Richard Coplin; 02-08-2009 at 08:12 PM.
    RICHARD COPLIN

Default Great CRG class!

Thanks Uli for another great class, and to Richard and corrina for showing up and providing very useful instruction. I think the bad weather made for a better class!:D
    Attached Images Attached Images

Uli Gebhard Guest
    Richard, you beat me to the punch!

Big Thanks to you and to Corinna for coming up and bringing in an additional wealth of information. Several students mentioned that they really enjoyed having you at the range.

I would like to take the opportunity and thank all students for making it another fun and safe teaching experience for me. I enjoyed this course a lot.
    What I personally liked was that when a couple of you experienced problems of one sort or another that you worked your way through those in a safe manner.

Well - the weather: it did not suck... my old platoon leader referred to this kind of stuff as "perfect Jagdkampf" (Ranger-fighting) weather - leaves your opponent so demoralized that you have easy play taking him out .

Lady, Gents, it was a pleasure teaching this course. Thank you!
    Last edited by Uli Gebhard; 02-09-2009 at 08:42 AM.

Uli Gebhard Guest
    Desertdog,

good to see you that made it home OK. Thank you for you kind words and thanks for posting the pictures!

And more.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Uli Gebhard Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Phillips View Post
    Weather?!

That's not weather!:D

Here in Vegas I was going to introduce a brand new method of "tactical sliding." I finally found something that I could steal and use from that so called sport........baseball.;)

Hmm... I see a class for our friends in Alaska

Skidding off the X!

I like the jihadi bastard targets. Those would be quite fun to blast. Unfortunately, we weren't able to get anything to stick to our cardboard backers.:(

Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.

James 1:12

"Nothing is personal - everything is from God." -Mikhail Ryabko

NOTE TO ALL 1911 USERS: I am bad luck for you guys. This was my 8th formal pistol training course, and in every one of them (including my 2 with SI), a 1911 (or several of them) has failed and had to be removed from action. I have back-up glocks for you 1911 guys to use when your gun goes down, but remember to bring a supply of .40 or 9mm to feed it :D.

Quote Originally Posted by desertdog View Post
    NOTE TO ALL 1911 USERS: I am bad luck for you guys. This was my 8th formal pistol training course, and in every one of them (including my 2 with SI), a 1911 (or several of them) has failed and had to be removed from action. I have back-up glocks for you 1911 guys to use when your gun goes down, but remember to bring a supply of .40 or 9mm to feed it :D.
    Good idea desertdog. We had at least two 1911's in our class as well. One guy was switching out with his revolver so he didn't punish it like I was doing with my G26. Hence, I didn't notice any problems, but I was too busy to do otherwise, anyways. The other one was a casualty with the bantering to follow. The only way to save a 1911 and it's user is to call 1911 minus 1000.:D If I loaned out one of my Glocks, I would be afraid of not getting it back.

Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.

James 1:12

"Nothing is personal - everything is from God." -Mikhail Ryabko

Uli Gebhard Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by desertdog View Post
    Well, I witnessed two of those occasions -- there might be some truth in these words ... I believe the replacement worked rather well for the student in question -- we may just end up bringing him over to the dark side :D.
    As far as your Glock(s) go... where did you get the tailplate for the slide again. I know you mentioned it but I forgot....